Home sweet home

I have been dying to wear red and pink together for a while now. They are such complementary colors but for some reasons, I do not think I ever worn them together outside of the house. Everything changed when I thrifted this beautiful Summer dress at the beginning of Fall. It was in a fuchsia color (my favorite pink) and had white dots. What's not to love? Plus the cut was so ladylike. The only problem was that the straps to the dress were too long. Well, I solve that a month after purchasing the dress by cutting the end a bit shorter and re-sewing it the to the dress. And now it is perfect. I wore the dress a couple of times before with a grey sweater but I like it the best with the red one. I always get compliments on it. It is a cheap and simple dress but when I put it on, people think that I dress up.
Anyway today I had a birthday party so I decided to wear the dress again for the same effortless but chic effect.
Here is what I wore:

Beret- Cial
Coat- Can't remember but super old
Sweater - Forever 21
Dress - 390 Mart
Tee - Walmart
Pants - H&M
Boots - Shimamura
Accessories - gift, Sonia Rykiel

I decided to wear my boots and pants with the dress because the weather has been super frisky lately. Then,  five minutes out of the door, it started to pour. I was thankful I wore my boots instead of the suede sneakers. I was soaked by the time I got to the bus stop and all of a sudden, the rain stopped. The rest of the day it became super warm. I could not resist returning home and soaking in my well lit and warm living room. I have not been home for lunch in 3 weeks and I missed just resting there. I love going out with my friends and chit chatting but a breather here and there is not such a bad thing.






 
I am wearing a special kind of arm candy today. I got these bracelets as a gift for my birthday but I have been wanting them for a while. So many mothers at school do own them. And I discovered that it was another mother from a neighboring school that did them. She makes them in all kinds of colors and charms. It is also possible to have them custome made. It is such a simple yet fun idea. As I have been thinking about starting a business myself, all around me I see people starting with few things and growing from there (cake making, tea box covering, bracelets...). I see them work really hard and selling their art. It inspires me to do the same but to this day I am not sure what. Maybe someday I will have a clue and I will start something... 

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes