Lunch on a TV set, and why I am not popular

Last Tuesday I went to have lunch with my friend Angie. Since we live in the same area, we decided to have lunch once a month to catch up. We went to Applause which is supposed to be a French buffet restaurant, but in reality was a buffet restaurant with a Japanese cook and I have not seen anything that was typically French on the menu. Nevertheless the food was great: usual salad, with gnocchi, pasta, curry, croquettes, grilled fish and a divine cheese risotto. The restaurant looked more like a cafeteria but what made it interesting was that the set of TV Kanagawa was inside the restaurant. So, we had lunch while watching the crew and the announcers working on the noon show. It was to say the least entertaining. And for 850yen (or a 1000 yen with drinks), I cannot really complain.
Anyway, here is what I wore:



White studded beret - random shop in Cial Yokohama (bought just days before they closed)
Grey dolman sweater - Fam's market
Men's shirt - H&M
Cargo pants - Shimamura
Striped bag - Omake from Baila mag
Striped shoes - Zara




While I was talking with Angie during lunch, I told her that because I was an expat, there were little chance for me to have a career working at something. Expat families often change location and what are the chances that I would find a job at the next location we may go. Then Angie told me that maybe I should make a living out of my blogs. I did not know whether to laugh or cry about it. "I would love to make a living out of my blogs, but I need to be popular first", I replied. I know that most of the people who read me are my friends. I do not have the popularity of God's favorite shoes or Love Maegan. I do not get sponsors to "invest" in my blog. It is sad but true.



However, I am happy blogging. I started this thing to get out of my routine. It was a way to get away from my boring life of a mother. And even though, things have change for me over the years (my sense of style for example and my knowledge of the Fashion world), there was not a moment when I thought I would stop. Even when my hubby was bugging me, wondering why I was blogging instead of spending time with him, I told him that it made me happy whether I have one reader or none. As it turned out, he pushed me to check the stats on my blog (which I never did before) and I was glad to see that people in Indonesia, Colombia and even Saudi Arabia have checked my blogs. And recently even some male friends of mine told me that they were reading it. I was amazed and happy.  So, I may not be Tavi, getting invited to fashion shows and influencing the fashion world, but I am happy to do what I am doing and I hope I never stop. If someday, I become popular and can make a few bucks out of it, I won't complain though....


For info about Applause, go here (but it is in Japanese)


Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes