Exhaustion + Business call for Fun Weekends!

The last few weeks so many things prevented me to blog on a frequent basis but also to check my favorite fashion bloggers. First, my sister in law came for a visit. She stayed for 2 weeks and I took it upon myself to show her all the spots that deserved to be discovered on such a short time. Result: we were out almost every day of those 2 weeks except for one. There was a typhoon coming so we stayed at home. Needless to say that after she left, I was so exhausted. Truth be told I have not recovered.
The second thing that happened was that the computer I was using broke for reasons unknown. I still had another one to fall back on but I had to use it standing up and I was not having it. Thank GOD, the hubby who is a genius when it comes to computers, found another one pretty quickly. Still, I am craving for an I pad.
Lastly, I am trying to get more involved in my son's school by helping out with some activities. It is fun but time consuming.
Thankfully, I had two occasions to just take it slow and enjoy life. Last week was a long week end. And the week end was packed with fun activities around town. On Saturday, we decided to check Yokohama international food fair. We did not make it because we stop to watch some funny acrobats on the way. So on Sunday we went back to the food fair for lunch. It was packed but we did enjoy some Indian curry with Naan. Then we drove to Sagamihara to watch the Nebuta carnival. As newly weds, my hubby and I lived in Sagamihara so needless to say that this place feels like home. We walked the packed streets and checked the places we liked to hang when we lived there. We also watched the Nebuta which are handmade parade cars.

For that fun day, here is what I wore:

Infinity scarf - random shop in Ishikawacho
Beige cardigan - Walmart
Hibiscus dress - market in Seoul
Leggings - Uniqlo
Shoes - Ross
Beaded bracelets - Sandaga market and can't remember


The dress is sleeveless and has straps knotted with a wooden hook


I added some funky accessories and you can see the hibiscus print from the dress that I just noticed for the 1st time

I bought this dress in a market in Seoul back in 2002. So far, I wore it only twice before: once to go to work, and another time flying back from a Mexico trip in 2007. I had kept it even though I suspected that it might be too tight because the dress is well made and ageless. It is one of those items I would not part with no matter what. And imagine how happy I was that it still fitted.


Here are some of the pics taken at the Nebuta carnival:



Dragon car with taiko (Japanese drums) players


Another car with some "god" painted




Pocket monster car Pikachu


The kids taking a pic inside another pocket monster character car before the parade
 
To learn more about Nebuta festivals in Japan, click here:
 
http://www.nebuta.or.jp/english/pages/what.htm
http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/attractions/event/traditionalevents/a40_fes_nebuta.html

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes