DIY/DIM: Reversible Colorblock Jacket

Another day, another DIM!

 Hello readers!

 Today,  I wanted to share yet another sewing project that took me 8 months to finish. Actually I started it back in September. I bought this nice floral print fabric for a dress or a midi skirt. But browsing through YouTube, I came across a reversible jacket tutorial that seemed so easy. I pulled the fabric and matched it with a pink one leftover from this dress. I worked on it for a few hours when I realized that I didn't have enough pink fabric left for the sleeves. So I put the project on hold all the while looking for the same pink fabric all over town. Strangely I could never find the exact same color. That is why I just gave up until recently. It occurred to me that I did not necessarily need the pink fabric since I had some yellow fabric leftover that I could use. Back to work I went and this is the final project.


The Floral side 



Scarf - Stolen from my Mom
Blazer - Did it myself
Bodysuit - H&M
Pants - Brandmart
Belt - 390 Mart
Shoes - Westside
Necklace - Gift from the Hubby


It was very easy to do but a bit time consuming. And there are some mistakes here and there because I was too lazy to take proper measurements. For this reason the jacket is too small to close. Next time I am making this ( because I will), I will make sure that I take my time and do it well so it comes out perfectly. 


The colorblock side 




 The tutorial I used was from Meesha TV on YouTube. I checked this vlogger several times to learn new sewing techniques and for inspiration. Unfortunately I just found out that Meesha passed away. It was a shock that such a talented and beautiful person could be gone just like that. I pray that she rests in peace and thank her for all the help. Please check her page if you are interested in sewing.

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes