About Me

My photo

A 30 something housewife blogging about her love affair with Fashion.....and travelling and food!

Friday, December 27, 2013

Open season

It is officially winter time in Pune. Nothing too dramatic since it is a mere 24 inside my flat. However mornings and nights are chilly enough to make me crave thick blankets and knits. I have been happily digging inside my Winter clothes suitcase to grab sweaters and jackets, and boots. I never really liked the cold but I love the layering look so you can imagine my excitement. Plus it is a good reason to wear my fave boots.

Today was Xmas eve. I did not plan anything special except to entertain the kids. I went down to the gaming center at the mall and let them go crazy.


Cardi-jacket - gift from my Dad, had it for 18 years and counting...
Shirt - Sunder shop, M.G. road
Pants - M.G. road
Boots - Shimamura
Bag - Omake from Non-No magazine







As I said earlier this cardi-jacket was a gift from my Dad. He bought it during one of his business trip in Italy or Egypt, I am not sure. I remember wearing it for Xmas and New year's eve bash back in 1996. It was perfect to layer over the metallic and skimpy top I wore back then. And it is still perfect to layer on a less skimpier shirt. The cardi-jacket is more snug but I never want to part with it because it has a sentimental value. If ever it becomes too tight, I will just turn it into a top. Seriously, I won't cut such a fine fabric ( very airy velvet). I will just frame it.

Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...