Mickey Mouse

As I am taking these pictures, fireworks are banging outside my balcony. I am not sure I have told you already but I live right across the river from a hotel and behind a hall. It means that whenever there is an event like a wedding or a concert I get treated to free fireworks. On busy weeks, I get to watch three. Some are short, others long but they are all so loud. It is a blessing in disguise. I thought I would be bored by now but every time I hear them, I rush to take a look. My kids enjoy them as well and they like to sing Fireworks by Katy Perry, while watching them. How do they know the song? Madagascar 3.

Anyway tonight, I was invited to a barbecue by some friends. I could have gone with tee and jeans or tunic and jeans but I wanted different and comfy around the waist as I knew I would be indulging in good food. What's comfier than a maxi dress? Nothing in my book. So I grab this "in your face" maxi and added a dark  jacket to tone it down.


Jacket - Max
Dress - M.G. road
Shoes - Sole to soul
Bag - Utsav fair
Mickey mouse ring - Clover center

I love the jacket. I was about to buy a second one in leopard but I did not want to get too carried away. I should have because it is so versatile.


 Furthermore, the Neon color of the dress makes me happy. They had the same one in royal blue but I discovered that as much as I love the color it does not love me back. Plus, I found the gem on the streets of M.G. road. The shops are full of good deals but the best bargain is with the street vendors. Trust me on that!



Mickey Mouse Bling Ring

And this ring, Swoon! I always wanted a mickey mouse or Minnie mouse tee ( and I am working on an embellished tee but it is taking forever). So I could not resist this blinged ring that I spotted at Clover center while buying accessories for my business. It is one of those things that just makes me happy. My youngest son who adores Mickey was jealous that I was sporting such a jewel and I bet that if his fingers were bigger he would wear the ring. Lol!



Leather tote and beaded shoes


Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes