About Me

My photo

A 30 something housewife blogging about her love affair with Fashion.....and travelling and food!

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Eid in Dubai

Eid Mubarak to all of you. May GOD forgives us our sins and accepts our duas at the end of the holy month.
I am back in Dubai for less than two days. I did spend a lot of time sleeping to rest after the long trip from Senegal to Dubai. However I went out to visit my girl and her husband. In fact today we spent Eid at their house. My girl cooked lamb and potato gratin with green salad and a decadent upside down cake. I have not had such tender meat in a while. She remains a great cook. After the food we just sat and chit chat, then headed down to Dubai Marina for a walk. It was early night so the weather was still bearable. We had a small breeze from the beach. The town was packed with couples and families taking a stroll or eating out. I thought that it was because of Eid but apparently the place is always packed.
Anyway for EId, here is what I wore:

 
Abbaya -gift from Mother in law
Sandals - Forever 21



My mother in law gave me this Abbaya with matching shawl back in 2006. I arrived home for a holiday 4 months pregnant with no appropriate clothes to hide my belly. So she went into town and got me the Abbaya. I wore it only three times in the past as it was at home. But this time I decided to take it back to Japan. Truth be told I have been craving a black Abbaya like the ones Emirati women wear for a long time and even forgot that I owned one. Actually mine is in a lighter material and slightly see-through. I really enjoy wearing this as it is super comfy and fuss free.
Tonight I am flying back to Japan. I am a bit sad of leaving my girl and Dubai. But I am hoping that I will be back. I still have to do some serious shopping, enjoy some spa and a day at the desert to really say that I have been to Dubai. Someday INCHALLAH!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...