Against all odds

Today was the day I decided to wear my tulle skirt I bought months ago. I was ready to brace the rainy weather and wear the skirt for it had been sleeping in my closet for so long. What was the occasion you ask? Well, I had lunch at a restaurant hotel with other friends.
The Skirt

Yesterday I spent one hour and a half trying to style the skirt. I was not hundred percent happy with it but I was okay. This morning I wake up, wear the thing in a rush and get out of the door, only to realize that I forgot my leggings (the skirt is calf length), I did not like the scarf I wore, and it was cold outside. To top it all the Mr. was not really digging the style. Not that I listen to him anyway when it comes to style, but that just did it for me. So I went back home to change and here is what I wore:


Turban - Jerusalem Halal meat shop
Jacket - Thrifted
Shirt - Thrifted
Pants - Ross
Shoes - Shimamura
Enveloppe clutch - Thrifted
Necklace - Fidak 2001
Ring - Forever 21

I felt better about the new outfit I put together in five minutes. The only part I did not like was that the jacket was a bit wrinkled. Nevertheless it was comfy and classy (can't go wrong with dark slacks and white shirt). I even got compliment on the color of the jacket, which seems to suit me perfectly. I got it at a 390 Mart in Winter and waited all Spring long to rock it. But there was never a good time and then it became too hot to be worn until today.



Had this beaded necklace for more than 10 years now and it is only the second time I am wearing it. Shame...



I had a blast at lunch. It was a buffet so all my friends indulged. Here are pics of my plates.


Smoked salmon, carrot salad, fried shrimp, potatoes, pizza, cauliflowers..


Ice cream, tiramisu, chocolate cake and cookies

I wish we could have stayed longer. The buffet was only available for one hour and a half. But we made that time count. I am thinking the skirt will have to wait for another day!

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes