I wore heels today (well, wedges but don't judge me!)

Today was a perfectly normal Saturday. I woke up, cook lunch for the hubby, sent him off to work, made breakfast for the kids and watch back to back episodes of Law and Order SVU (Gosh, I love Olivia and Elliot), all the while checking some fashion blogs. I also took my son to his swimming class, checked H&M (did not buy a single thing although there was a huge sale. I am pretty proud of myself), and watched some random group performing Hawaiian dance. You see, it was a normal Saturday.
But what makes today special, was that I wore heels. If you know me, you know that as much as I love heels I rarely wear them. The last time I did I walk 10 steps and got into the car, walk 10 steps to the house I was going to. I love how beautiful heels are but I cannot take the pain they come with. I am all about comfort. However, today I decided against it. I wanted to wear my Rockport wedges and I did. Surprise! Surprise! They were very comfy. I walked for 30 minutes and they did not hurt my feet. I also took the dreaded hills to go back to my house and I did not feel pain or tiredness. It was awesome. And I have to admit that even though I loved my outfit, the wedges pulled it together. I think I am going to wear my wedges more in the future (It was the 3rd time I was wearing them). Plus I heard that wearing heels can help you build nice legs ( If I believe the crap celebrities say of course). So I am killing a bird with two stones by wearing my wedges: I will be stylish and I will be dieting....

Here is what I wore:


Colorful scarf - had it for ages
Men's yellow shirt - H&M
Pants - H&M
Wedges - Rockport via Ross
Beaded bracelets - Sandaga market




Green, Yellow and red: colors of my country, representing Senegal


Colorblocking


Love this scarf with orange, yellow and pink; I just wished it was bigger


Anecdote:  my husband accused me of buying new shoes when he saw me wearing my wedges. He called them "The Japanese shoes" because wedges are so trendy here that every fashionista is wearing them, and the higher the better. He forgot that I had these for more than a year now. Proves to show that he does not really look at me (for his defense, when I wore this shoes for the 1st time, I had on long wide leg jeans so it was kind of hard to see the shoes)

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes