The Sweater Dress


Hello dear Readers!

If there is one thing I try to do when it comes to fashion or my sense of style is to get out of my comfort zone. I try to purchase and wear things I never thought would suit me or look good on me. Recently, I saw the instagram story of a plus size influencer I followed. In it, she was rocking a beautiful sweater dress. I wrote to her asking where she got the confidence to just wear the dress. She was gracious enough to reply to me and we exchanged a few messages. She told me that she would just wear the sweater dress without caring because most of the time we are worried about what people may think, but in reality people are too busy with their own lives to care about us. She also added that she had insecrutieis but she decided not to let those insecurities rule her. 

I listened to her and that day decided that if I really wanted to get myself a sweater dress, I should just go for it. Life being too short and all. So I went on the hunt for the sweater dress I wanted. I managed to find some suitable ones but there was always something bothering me: one was too tight for comfort, the other too loose, or not in the right color or the right price. I partially gave up until some time later. I got lucky when I accompanied a girlfriend to the shop by my house to buy shoes for her daughter. We did not find the shoes but I bought this sweater dress (on sale)

Scarf - Sandaga market
Sweater dress - Zara 
Vest - (Old) Splash 
Accessories - I am at Sea Plaza Mall
Shoes - Stradivarius
Bag - Christmas Gift 

I took a risk buying the dress because the size is a medium. However when I wore it, I realized that it was loose on my body. The dress is a bit see-through. I struggled to find the right underwear to wear with it without it marking on the rib knit fabric. I settled for black biker shorts, a bra and tank top. .

It was hard to style the dress at first but I settled the issue by adding a vest. The dress is actually very comfortable. This is the second time in a row I am wearing it in a week. The other time I was also wearing it with a red vest that was longer and black suede mules. I was thinking of trying the dress with a blazer but the weather has been very warm lately. 





My new favorite accessories: cauri shell earrings, rings, and World map necklace

Now the big question is when will I wear the dress on its own without an outerwear to cover my curves? Baby steps, I say. Baby Steps!

Is there one trend or item of clothing you want to try but have not dared yet?

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes