I quit!

I have been blogging for more than eight years now. I started blogging after the birth of my first son. It was a way to record all the trials and tribulations of my life as a new mother. Then a year later, I started a fashion blog because I was bored at work. I was writing about the things I liked or disliked about fashion in general, the latest trends, my fashion obsession of the moment and such. Four years later, I started another blog dedicated to my own personal style with pictures of my outfits. I do actually have several blogs but the ones that I am focusing on are my fashion blogs.

Recently, I have been thinking about quitting. After seven years of doing this, I should have been popular by now. Call me crazy, but I was expected many followers or at least several page views and comments. I was expecting endorsement and free stuff from fashion houses. I was expecting front row seats at fashion shows.

The truth is I do not have all that. I am not even sure how many people read me but I know it is not a lot. When I started this, I just wanted to get rid of my boredom, I was not looking for anything more. But along with blogging, I was reading other bloggers. And I could see them getting paid for doing the same thing I was. Therefore pretty soon I started feeling like :"why not me?! ". I tried  to make changes, I ended up buying trendy things just so I could keep up. But at the end of the day, I could not compete because I was not them. I was me.
But being unpopular is not the only reason I want to quit. This blog takes a lot of my time between taking pictures, uploading them, editing them, writing a post, editing it, publishing it and promoting it. It is a good thing that I am a housewife with kids at school half the day.  I am not sure I would have been able to do this with a full time job. Furthermore I am thinking that all the time I waste blogging can be put to good use to find a job or open up a business, do some real work.



Leopard Kimono - Anap and refashioned
Mickey Mouse tee - Did it myself
Skirt - G.U.
Sandals - Reliance footprints




This kimono was an oversized top but I decided to turn it into a Kimono for I would get more use out of it.






The reality of the situation is that I do love blogging. Even as I think about quitting, a blog idea would spring in my mind and I would be back at it. Furthermore, blogging makes me challenge myself more in the styling and DIY areas. I have been getting out of my comfort zone when it comes to dressing up. And I do try to make more clothes at home. On top of that, when I blog, most of the time I am not thinking about who is out there reading me. I am thinking of myself. I write what I like. I do edit myself not to divulge more than I should but I am real. I write for me. I am such a narcissist that some times I spend hours re-reading my own posts. I can see how far I have come, and all the mistakes I made along the way.

My best friend told me not to quit because there was at least one person out there waiting for my posts. It may be her, it may be some of my friends on Facebook or you that person who follows me on Instagram. Whoever you are,  I guess I should thank you for taking your precious time to read me instead of complaining about needing more followers. This post will not make you feel like you matter and I should say that I am sorry. I value you more than I let on. You cannot know how happy I get when I check my blog stats and see that three of you in Saudi Arabia for example, read me. It makes me feel appreciated and maybe I should concentrate on that feeling. I should see the glass half full instead of half empty.

Therefore as long as there is at least one person out there reading me, I will keep on blogging. Yet, I hope that one day I will be so busy making my dreams come true that I will not have time to blog. After all, all good things must come to an end.

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram, I promise I am more fun there (or not)!

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes