Trying again

I love Kimonos. Back in Japan I did buy one or two, always at flea markets but never got to really wear them because they are difficult to. There is a whole lot of stuff you need to pull and tie and I am not really into that. So I got a Kimono cover up or Happi that I like to rock from time to time. Yet I am always on the lookout for another kimono in a lighter fabric. Imagine my joy when I discovered that I could make one easily. I tried and was not super happy with the result. So I tried again using some Punjab suit material found at the supermarket and this tutorial.



Kimono - Did it myself (DIM)
Shirt - Brandmart
Jeans - thrifted
Sandals - Utsav fair



Although this tutorial is relatively easier than the previous one I used, I still have problems because the material ( Art silk) puckers. I really need to learn how to sew satin, silk and chiffon because those materials are much more nicer to use for clothes like skirts and maxi dresses. I need to know what kind of stitch to use. I have to admit that I am not knowledgeable about my own sewing machine. I need to keep on learning and keep on practicing. "Practice makes perfect" as they say!

At the end of the day, I still like the Kimono. It is flowy and the print is pretty. Moreover it is the final touch for the tee and jeans outfits because you all know I need my cover up!

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes