Summer Knits, Summer brights


Hi Y'all! Summer is already here, although if you ask my closet, it has been here for the last three weeks at least. The crazy weather brought by Tsuyu (or Japanese raining season) had made the temperatures relatively low. However that did not stop me from wearing my favorite summer outfits plus a little something something to keep me warm.
Case in point this outfit I wore for a day at the pool:


Scarf - Langkawi night market
Knit - Gap
Dress - Ross
Shoes - Target
Bag - Takeshita dori, Harajuku
Accessories: Sasha, Charming Charlie

The thought of wearing a knit for Summer was always foreign to me because I never lived somewhere that was cool in Summer like Europe. In my country Senegal, Summers are really hot, and do not even get me started on the furnace of Houston and Japan. Therefore I never really needed a  Summer knit. I would just wear a light cardigan to go out particularly when I knew I would be in malls or offices, where the AC is fully on.
However, as I was shopping in Gap last week, I saw this bright yellow knit that I coveted back in early Spring on sale for just 500Y. I tried it on and it was matching my colorblock dress. I knew this baby had to follow me home. So I grabbed it and went at the register only to pay 380Y because there was an extra 20% off on all things in the store. I think that must have been the cheapest thing I ever bought from Gap.


I was supposed to keep the knit till Fall but two days after the purchase, the temperatures were around 18 so I decided to take it out. I have to say that this thing is very comfy, cozy like when you seat on your favorite sofa with a snuggie around you. I just wish Gap had the same knit in blue on sale as well. I may have to try other locations to see.
Are you into Summer knits?  Or is it way too hot where you live to wear such a thing?


BTW: these shoes are cute but they are not as comfy as I wanted them to be. I was shopping at the last minute looking for tan sandals in Target when I spotted these on sale. I had barely 5mns to try them one and decide to purchase them. Well I tried to walk with them and let us just say that the heels are not as comfy as my other wedges. Besides for some reasons, I un did the straps and my feet were sliding on the shoes causing me extra chaffing. I had to buy some flip-flops to save my feet. Don't you hate it when you think you bought a great pair only to realize that they hurt like hell. I guess these shoes will be worn only for short distances.


Charming Charlie watch


Clutching my clutch


How is your Summer so far?


Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes