Another grey in the sky

I wrote this a while back but I am just posting it now!

I am enjoying my days in Houston, shopping and eating. Would I like it so much if I was living here? I am not sure. Maybe I enjoy my time better here because I know it will not last.
Today, I went out to the Galleria with the kids because I promised them that I would take them to the playground "Little Galleria". Poor kids, I have been dragging them all over town under the heat to shop. They have not complained much but it was time for them to have fun.
Here is what I wore:

Fedora hat - Freemantle market in Perth, Australia
Grey leopard tee - Just in
Mint green skirt - G.U.
Shoes - H&M


As I was walking the streets to the Galleria, a lady jogging payed me compliments on the skirt and asked where I got it. I simply replied Japan and she said "Oh!"  and went her way. I felt like she felt I was being a snob but truth is that I did buy it in Japan. I know some friends back home who respond to that kind of question by "it was a gift" just not to appear snobbish. 


 I am in love with grey tees. I have 2 already at home and this one is a great addition with the leopard face print. I can already see great wears out of this one. I bought this tee on sale with another tank top, two for the price of one. I love those kind of deals. Japan should get more deals like that. One other thing Japan should learn from the States: open their shops early. In here I can start shopping at 9:00 AM. In Japan, I have to wait until 11:00 AM. And with trains and buses to ride and kids to pick up, that does not leave enough time to hit all the stores I want.  


I switch the flats for these shoes I bought in Harwin to meet my fave blogger Reiko of Gods Favorite shoes. More on that in my other blog (odetofashion.blogspot)

Anyway, I am happy that I get to check all the places I loved and missed like Charming Charlie (where I got another buy 1 get 2 for free deal on accessories). I have to admit that some shops did not have great deals like I expected but that gave me the opportunity to give others I would not have checked before a chance like A'gaci.
I am thinking that Houston may become future shopping destinations for the family...

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes