These boots are made for walking

I went out for  what Japanese people would call "home party". A friend of mine opened her home for a nice lunch. We decided to cater for some Indian food and we finished the meal with some creamalicious "Choux cream" (aka cream puff). As usual I ate way too much but I do not regret it. Two years ago, I would have killed to be invited to a home party with a bunch of ladies. Now, I am attending like it is nothing. Hell, I even decline some because I am too tired. I should be more grateful. Life! Pfffffff! (like the French would say)

Anyway, here is what I wore:

Cream knit hat - H&M
Black coat - can't remember but it is very old (over 7 years)
Long cardigan - H&M
Blouse - thrifted 390 mart (but it is from Target, I miss that place)
Long sleeve tee - Nissen
Pants - FOS Malaysia
Boots - Shimamura


This is the first time in my life that I am wearing a belted sweater. I thought that they were not for me because of my figure and all. But actually once I tried the thing, I liked it. It does not look as good as I would have liked it to look but I guess I will just have to either diet or live with it





These boots! Le sigh! They would not have been the type of boots I wanted for myself. Actually if you read this, you would know that I am all for feminine and delicate boots. But these boots talked to me at first sight. Actually I did not buy them the first time I saw them at Shimamura. I have a thing now: if I see something at the store that I like but I am not sure about it, I wait for a while. If I come back to the store and it is still there, then I will get it. So I did the same with those boots. I went home hoping to forget about them but they were constantly on my mind. I went back and they were still there. What was I supposed to do?



Two things attracted me in them: first they looked sturdy enough. The heel is very sturdy. I thought that these boots would last more than a Winter. Actually I am praying that they last more than 8 Winters like my last boots. The second thing I liked was the price: on sale for a 1000Yen.
So far I wore them twice and walk more than a mile with them. Let me tell you this: they are made for walking: light enough that I do not feel them and sturdy enough to keep me warm. And the military design is just a little edge that is going to spice up my life. What say you? Aren't they the coolest thing ever?

Drool at some pics of the nice lunch we had:


Chicken curry (the red thing), Paneer (the green thing) and some flavored rice


Strawberries (with chocolate) and Choux cream from Gateaux de Voyage

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes