The slip skirt

Hey y’all!
A few months ago I was having an exchange with a friend on Instagram. She was rocking a slip skirt and I asked her where she got it from. She told me that if I was to buy the skirt and not wear it , there was no point in her telling me. The thing is she knows me too well. She knows I do not wear anything too revealing or too sexy. And let us be real, those skirts can be sexy.
What she told me felt like a challenge. I had to go and get myself one of those skirts. And I got so lucky I scored two of them on sale. 
I got to wear one of them for an afternoon out with some girlfriends. 

Blazer - thrifted but from Kiabi 

Top - thrifted

Skirt - Numero Uno

Sandals - Sandaga market 

Earrings, necklace and sunglasses - Numero Uno


My first option for styling this skirt was to pair it with this oversized blazer. After all I am still not confident enough. The blazer will hide all the areas I have a problem showing. It would have probably been better with a belt but I wanted something breezy that day and not something restrictive.  I added the little tank to keep things cute. I finished the look with some sandals I bought since January but had yet to wear (story of my life)


I was in a rush so the choice of bag was a disaster. You can see it pictured behind but do not pay it no mind. My fist choice was my brown oversized clutch, but I guess it will be for next time. I actually like how the look came together. I was comfortable and still managed to feel sexy. I also had a great conversation and huge laughs with my girls. We went to this restaurant called La PLaya right in front of the sea. I have been there before only once, last November with my cousins for our monthly get together. The place has a nice view and the food is alright. On that particular day, it was packed. It felt so good to meet my girls after so much time apart. We had been planning this meet since November 2020. That is how busy our lives are. And Covid restrictions did not helpt at all. 





With my girls: Yvette in black and Sokhna in white


With my forrest green mask from Japan and my T neckline (no it is not a cross)

Next time I will try and wear the skirt with a shorter top or make it more casual with a simple tee and slip ons. I am actually happy that I am trying to get out of my comfort zone, that I am wearing items I would have never thought of wearing before. I call it growth. 

Have a great day! 

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes