Kotao brunch

Hello Everyone

How is Summer treating you? Did you make plans to travel? As for me, I am super busy at work to even think about vacations or travelling; Still I find little ways to get out and enjoy myself during this season.

One of my favorite activity to do is Brunch. Dakar is a city that offers so many good places to eat in general. For brunching, I have to say that we are spoiled. Recently I went back to Kotao Coffee, a nice little restaurant in Almadies area with my brother and his family. 


White ruffle shirt - street vendor at Sandaga market
Jeans - Marwa Fashion Boutique
Bucket bag- thrifted
Mules - Class 
Jewelry - HLM market 

I have been there before, last year. One morning tired of working at home, I decided to check it out. Then I had the salmon avocado sandwich with some hot cocoa. I had a nice time but I found the place to be tiny.

This time, it seems like they renovated and added more space. There are more seats and nice little areas where one could take pictures. I admit I indulged a bit as you can see in the number of pictures in this post. 


As for the food, I ordered a rice bowl with salmon and veggies. But contrary to the food I had before, this one was disappointed. The rice was tiny and hard, like when you let is sit in the rice cooker for too long. The veggies and salmon were fine but I expected better. My brother ordered a burger and since I was stealing his fries, he ordered more for me. The rest of the group ordered the brunch special and they were quite satisfied with it. I think at some point they could not even finish it. 


Overall, we had a great time talking there. The sun was out so it was a beautiful day to go out and enjoy the city. Will I go back to Kotao Coffee? Probably not. If I am invited, I am willing to try the brunch special. However, I do not think I would like to give them another chance. Truth be told, it was one of those places that are so hyped on social media, you expect it to be perfect. Once you arrived, you are disappointed. It does not mean that it is a bad place. The food I had before was good, and the service as well. Yet it is not comparable to other places I have been in Dakar that offers the same kind of food. 



Dakar has so much to offer when it comes to food. And I am the type of foodie who likes to pay reasonable prices for good food. Not pay huge prices for food I can make at home and would taste better. But sometimes people go to some restaurants because of the view and the decor and the hype. Do not get me wrong, I love me an "Instagrammable" place. But I enjoy food too much and like to keep my coins. I'd give a place a try but you better impress me with the food and not the decor.  









If you want to know more about all the places that I like to eat in Dakar, please check this post
Cheers!!!

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes