Chasing the rainbow

Hello my dear readers

I hope that you are alright.
For those fasting, how is Ramadan so far?
I am doing fine and my family as well. Thank GOD.


Mask - local pharmacy
Shirtdress- Tailor made
Skirt - Small boutique in my neighborhood
Shoes - La Folie
Bag - Numero Uno
Earrings : DIY

I went for a walk today because I was tired of being stuck at home. Since mid-march, I have been semi confined at home, going out only three times a week, mostly to the office or to run errands for my business. But now I have been going out less and less, mostly because we are no longer allowed at the office unless it is absolutely primordial. I also restricted my movement because the number of infected people in my country have risen, mostly people who have no idea where they got the disease from.


I decided to finally wear my rainbow dress for the walk. I have found this fabric at the market back in January and fell in love with it. You should know by now that I have not yet seen a striped print I could resist. Plus the fabric was so cheap I had to buy it. I took it to my tailor who made me this dress. I had tried wearing the dress a week prior but discovered that it was too long. If I want to wear it with flats, I need to add a belt, which I did during the walk. I only switched to wedges and remove the belt for the pictures. 



The dress is so colorful that it immediately uplifted my mood. And I reckon that it is kind of silly to wear such a nice dress for just a walk. But since there are no special occasions anymore (no girls night out, no after work, no weddings, no going out to eat at restaurants, no nothing!), why keep my clothes? 



I actually like the dress a lot except for the sleeves. I wanted normal sleeves but for some reason, my tailor made me bell sleeves. Senegalese tailors are obsessed with bell sleeves. I think I will alter them in the future. Above all, this dress is fun to wear and easy to style with any color of the rainbow. I paired it with a black pencil jersey skirt here but I could have worn it with jeans or pants. My Mother offered me her green skirt to pair with the dress as well. I had to decline because I thought it would be too much color for one day. People also must have assumed that I was too colorful because everywhere I walked, I turned heads. I am not really used to that kind of attention so I felt weird. And I had to pause for the pictures outside in front of everybody which I rarely do. I felt so awkward. How do these fashion bloggers or influencers do it on a daily basis?


I recently made these earrings. It was actually an old pair of golden hoop earrings that had become too tern. I found some beaded earrings on Pinterest and decided to DIY my own earrings. It was actually very easy to do. You can find a tutorial here.
I am also wearing a mask because it has become mandatory to wear them outside. It does not mesh well with my style but better be safe than stylish. In fact, I have been wearing masks outside, ever since we registered our first case of the disease back in March. I am very used to wearing masks as I have lived in Japan before, where wearing a mask is kind of the norm particularly when one is sick and does not want to spread its germs.


This bag does not really match the dress but I have been using it lately whenever I went out because it is such an easy bag to use. It has a mesh upper part with the sequined parrot and the bottom part is made of normal sturdy fabric. I put everything I need inside this tote and call it a day. I recently saw the same bag in military green in another shop but with a design of a pineapple in sequin instead. I am thinking that I need to buy that as well. Or would that be too much? 




I hope you are all staying safe inside your homes, taking the time to pray and ponder about life. Things can get stressful so find a way to uplift your mood by doing something that pleases you, even if it is something as vain as blogging. 
Also go follow me on Instagram. I have two pages now, one totally about me, and another about my clothing brand

Thank you. 

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes