Types of co-workers

 Hello my dears.

How are you holding up with this pandemic?

And how is fasting? Can you believe that we are entering in the last week of Ramadan? It flew by so fast. 

I am doing as fine as possible considering. Thank GOD!

I do not know about you but I miss my co-workers. It has been almost 3 months that we have not been inside the office, doing what we do best obviously while exchanging banters at the same time. Coming back home, I was very lucky to find a job mere weeks after I really started looking for one. But I was even luckier to be working in a friendly environment. Frankly with all the things I was dealing with on the personal front, my work and my colleagues were a lifesaving distraction. 


Velvet Headband - Sandaga market
Dress - Fidak
Bag and shoes - Thrifted
Earrings - gift

But working with different types of people coming from different background can be very challenging at times. You discover things about yourself but also about people. And today, based on what I learned from my work, I would like to talk about the type of co-workers one can find in any workplace.

The Loud one
He is always loud. Whenever he is on the phone, you can be sure that the entire office will know what he is talking about. He cannot keep secret because even when you whisper something in his ear, he might burst it out. It is kind of hard to chat with him because if it is in a open space office, everyone will know what you are talking about. Also he is me. I am the loud one in my office.

The Kiss ass
The kiss ass is someone who is overzealous. He is not contend to do his work and to do it well, but he goes the extra mile. He also wants to do your job or give you suggestions on how to do it better. He is more than often very accommodating to his superiors. He comes early and leaves late. He is always finding new initiatives and wants to enroll you in them. He is not necessarily mean towards his other coworkers, on the contrary he is sweet. But his tendency to try to always look good to the boss, makes people dislike him. 
                                     
                       

The Creepy one
Ladies, you know that guy. He is the sweet one who always try to sneak in a kiss on the cheek every time he sees you, which is 5 times a week at least. He will also find a way to complement you on what you are wearing. He will tell you how the skirt you are wearing is showing all your curves or other cringy things like that. He will also take pictures of you when you are unaware, or force you to take a selfie with him. He likes you, you know he likes you, the entire office knows he likes you but he won't act upon it.  He just keeps on flirting with you.

The Auntie (or Mother)
There is always an older woman at the office who is the Auntie figure. She will welcome you and show you the ropes of the job once you arrive, telling you who to be friends with and who to avoid. She will give you advice not only on how to do your job but sometimes on how to run your house because she is a veteran at it. She demands and gets respect, often going so far as to avoid to mingle with everybody at the office. She will not sugarcoat things as well.  She is sweet but she can sometimes come across as abrasive. 
                                      

The Clown
He is always trying to make people laugh. He always has a joke ready and has a quick repartee like a comedian. Often you cannot tell when he is feeling down because he is never down, or so it seems. He will pass you by and drop hilarious gems. Or he will call you on the phone to tell you something silly that would make you burst out laughing, but he will still manage to keep a straight face. It is the person you miss the most when you are away from the office. 

The Father Figure
He is the big brother or the father of the workplace. He is responsible and trustworthy enough for you to go to him in case there is something bothering you. You can rely on him to do his work properly but also to get you out of sticky situations. He is also the one who would bring you back something sweet from his business trips, or drop you off at home after work. Since he is older, he is not really good with new technologies. Therefore he always comes to you to show him how to use an app on his smartphone. 

                                               
The Flirt
She is the vixen, beautiful with lots of charm. It is not even the way she dresses, but the way she acts. She is sweet and mellow with everybody, but particularly with men. She can get herself out of any situation just by batting her fake eyelashes. Men are attracted to her and women either despise her or wanna be friends with her. And you cannot find any fault with her job, because she is good at what she does. 

The Drama Queen
The one who always wants to grab everyone's attention by her attitude. She always makes a grand entrance and an even grander exit. She often has arguments with her coworkers over silly things. On top of that she is prone to having meltdowns to the point that people assume that she is not mentally stable. But it is all a ploy to draw people in her life. Unfortunately for her,  everybody ends up understanding her ploy and no longer caring in the end. 



The Lunch Thief
The one who always steal people's lunch or food in the fridge. He is selfish, irresponsible and disrespectful. On top of it all, his actions can break your heart. Imagine keeping something on the fridge, expecting to enjoy it later, only to find it gone with only the tupperware left behind. Enough said!!

The Friend
I always say that I am too old to make new friends. However, after entering the workforce, I had met some wonderful people who became my friends. They are either younger or older than me. Some introduce me to new things that spiced up my life. Others gave me valuable life lessons. I have found photographers for my blog, chauffeurs that would drop me home, shopping buddies, restaurant buddies, people who always support me by buying my clothes and so on. It came to the point where our relationships surpassed that of coworkers. Even if they left the office for other positions, I still manage to keep in touch because I formed a bond with them. Funny how a couple of years ago, I did not even know them, and now I cannot imagine my life without them. 

These are the types of coworkers at my office. There are plenty of other types such as the religious one, the crook, the old maid, the one who always talks about her kids, the silent one, the one who always have something to sell you....But If I talked about them all, this post would never end. But please feel free to tell me a type of co-worker at your office or workplace that you could not find on my post. I would love to hear from you. 

Comments

Unknown said…
Ahhh amazing insight on co-workers. Thank you for sharing.

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes