Yet another (Ditsy floral print) skirt

Good day to you all!

Although I am working mostly from home now, I still have to go to the office once or twice a week. I made a little effort today to get out of my jeans and tees routine to go to work. I wore a skirt, a brand new skirt that I bought half off weeks ago. I have been into skirts lately, pencil, ruffled, printed. I think that in the past 6 months, I have acquired a reasonably versatile collection of skirts perfect for work or play. Now I just need a black pencil midi skirt.


White linen shirt - thrifted
Floral Skirt - Numero Uno
Clutch - Numero Uno
Shoes - Thrifted 
Earrings - Petersen market

Back to this look; it is a skirt with a front slit in a really nice ditsy floral print paired with a simple linen shirt . I love me some floral but I rarely go for ditsy prints. I prefer large floral patterns. Yet I fell for this skirt. And it might have been a mistake.


As much as I like the skirt, it does not suit me well. The shape is between an A-line and a pencil skirt. It also comes with an elastic waist. Therefore it is not tight, which I love. But the silhouette is not perfect for my shape. I have a big stomach and wide hips to match. This skirt makes me look wider in that area. Not really the look I want to go for. 


Furthermore, I was dead set on wearing it with a white top but none of the ones I own match. The structured ones like shirts were too long, the blouses and tees type were too wide at the hem, making me look even larger. I finally settled on this shirt that I could tie in front to shorten it. 


I was not hundred percent satisfied with the entire look but I could at least walk outside. It is actually a very comfortable skirt to wear. And it is is highly versatile. I think in the future I will try and pair it with a silk tank top and layer it with a light bomber jacket.



Double clutch bag, perfect for going out and not wanting to be burden with a big bag 


The final touch to the look was this new pair of pointed toe black flats. I also bought them recently putting an end to my long hunt for quality black ballerina flats. I often walk to work, or at least I walk half the distance until I take the bus. Therefore I usually wear flats, that I switch for heels once I am at the office. In the past I have thrifted super comfortable flats in beige and brown, but I also wanted one in black that could be paired with every color. As usual I got lucky at the thrift market. This pair comes with a foam insole so I feel like walking on clouds when I wear them.


In other circumstances, I would have worn heeled sandals with this look. And that is the divide between what I want to look like and what I actually look like. In the end I always chose practicality over style. And let us be fair, you would do the same if you had to walk miles in dusty streets in heels. No?

At the end of the day, I kind of like the skirt. It does not have a "waouh" factor but it is pretty easy to wear. It does not require much ironing which is a big plus. And it can be paired with many different colored tops. I already have tons of ideas on how to style it next. And if ever we are allowed to go outside again to play, it might become one of my staples this year.

Did you like the look? How would you style this skirt?
By the way, I am also on instagram, so go follow me there as well. 

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes