Confinement Lifestyle

Hello everyone!

I hope all of y'all are doing fine in this new coronavirus era. Some of y'all might be working from home, or being confined. It is hard for everyone but I am praying that you are safe.

Since I posted last, more people have been contaminated with the virus in my country. As I type this, we have 137 people infected with the virus who are being treated right now. We also have had two deaths: a former president of a french football club, and woman in her late 50s. The government is testing suspected cases but not everyone has symptoms, or comes forward so it is hard to really know how many people are sick. The government also took some major decisions such as ordering a state of emergency until May 4th, curfew from 8 pm to 6 am, closing all the schools, forbidding big events in public or inside and closing all borders finally. The clergy and part of the Muslim clerics decided to stop the public prayers at the church and at the mosque, and all major religious celebrations and pilgrimages.



Jersey scarf - old
Tassel Kaftan - HLM Market
Leather sandals - bought from my cousin 

These changes are worrying the public. People have already started stockpiling on goods just in case there is a confinement. Kids are out of school and most of them are trying to learn online or through the TV. Some people are working from home, others find it hard to keep up their businesses afloat. Restaurants and hotels are closing. Sadly for others, it is business as usual. They go outside, play soccer, go to prayers, attend funerals and parties. Some even believe this thing does not exist. Or think black people are immune to it. With people like these, how can anyone be safe?

I have never experienced anything like this before. And I suppose most people have not. I did experienced natural disasters in the past such as the 2008 Hurricane Ike and the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake. For both, my family and I was safe. I think what I fear the most is the uncertainty in all of this. No one knows when it will end, no one knows if there is even an ending in sight. Since there is no cure yet, we can only make predictions and speculations.


I have self confined myself in my family home with my parents and younger brother. I go outside only when I think I need to. Truth be told I have been going outside to do things that are not major like shopping for food, going to the tailor or go visit my niece. I needed to get out for my own sanity because being confined is not fun at all. Seeing the same people every day makes you notice things about them you would not otherwise. Some of their habits or doings can get on my nerve. The conversations between us also become tedious because there is nothing new to talk about except the Coronavirus. That is why sometimes, I feel the need to escape even if it is a five minutes walk to the supermarket in my neighborhood. However, all the times I am out, I take my precautions, wearing masks and gloves, not approaching people, not touching my face, and washing my hands as soon as I return home.

I spend my days at home on social media, blogging, watching shows or the news on TV in the morning and streaming sites at night. I cook more than before, trying on new recipes. I also work from home, which I found to be very tricky. Truth be told, I'd rather go to the office. It is deserted enough so I can concentrate better, but there I can also meet up with some of my colleagues and chat a bit for a change. Furthermore, I started sewing again. Since I no longer have my sewing machine, I do it by hand. It takes so much time but I have all the time in the world now so I do not mind at all.


This new confinement lifestyle has put a damper on my style. With work and socializing, I have no choice but to find news ways to dress up. Actually dressing up is something I was looking forward to every morning. Unfortunately, since I am confined at home, I can stay all day wearing a raggedy dress because I no longer care. And if I go out, I want to be as comfortable as possible therefore I only wear jeans, a tee, a light duster and flats.  Today though, I made an effort because I needed a boost. I picked up this Kaftan that I bought last Summer. I bought it because I needed new clothes to wear at home. I originally wore it during my trip to Gambia and received so many compliments on it that I decided that I could rock it outside of the house, which I did only once a Friday for work. I think what attracted me to the dress was the obvious Indian style embroidery and the tassels. If you have been reading me for a long time, you know I love anything with tassels. Actually the dress is a combination of everything I love: comfortable, loose, easy to wear, and with lots of fun details. The dress also comes with a matching scarf but I paired it with my old jersey scarf today.


I am complaining about this confinement but in reality I should count my blessings: I have a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in, enough food to eat, a computer and internet to entertain me, sewing materials to keep me busy, and family and friends who care about me. Above all, I have a good health. so ALHMADOULILAH (Thank GOD).
Yet I pray that we will find a cure soon, and that all this would be over so we can get back to living our best lives. I also pray that GOD eases the pain of those who are suffering or lost someone special during these hard times.
Please stay safe, stay at home if you can, wash your hands and most importantly stay hopeful.

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes