Spoiler Alert

Last week, I took the Friday off to go out with the kids who were on school leave. I originally planed to go visit Goree Island again but by the time I was ready, it was too late to go and enjoy a full day. So instead I took the kids to see the last Marvel movie Avengers Endgame.

I have to confess that I am huge fan of Marvel movies. I think I watched every X-men and every Avenger Movies, in theatres and out. I used to read some of the X-men comics when I was a kid also.  Funnily, I am not into any other fantasy movies like Harry Potter, Twilight or Games of Throne. I actually will skip a new series on TV or Netflix that deals with fantasy. But Marvel got my heart. Maybe it is because they cast Robert Downey Junior as Iron Man. Or maybe because I always wanted to have a super power. I am not sure. Whatever the case, I am glad that Avengers is over because they took enough of my money between the movies, and the toys I had to buy my kids.

Anyway, before going to the movies, I took the kids to eat at Bazoff which is a nice joint near my place. They serve African and European style food. But I like the simple ambiance and the affordable prices. The kids ordered pasta with Bolognese and grilled chicken. I had a local dish made with palm oil and smoked fish that I really like. The food was great and I had a chance to talk more with the kids.


Scarf and Top - Sandaga market
Jeans and Bag - Numero Uno
Mules - HLM market

For the movie, we went to a cinema complex named after one of the biggest Senegalese movie director Ousmane Sembene. The cinema is relatively new and very nice. The waiting area looks like a diner with red velvety seats and Christmas lights. The theaters are big and very well equipped. I have been there only twice and I already prefer it to the other cinema located downtown, near the port, . Both cinemas have the latest movies from Hollywood and Africa. Plus their prices are the same. Yet I have to pay twice the price of a taxi fare if I need to go to the one downtown. So you see, there is no contest here.


Now on to the movie, I do not want to spoil it for y'all. I am just going to say that it was unexpected, funny, witty, heartbreaking. I was actually surprised to wipe tears from my eyes. It is the saddest Avengers movie ever, in my opinion. At first, I was skeptic because the movie was supposed to last 3 hours. But I did not feel the time pass. I enjoyed every bit of it. If you have not watched it yet, I suggest you do.


For this fun day with my children, I went fora casual look as usual. This top or sweater is my favorite at the moment. It is so easy to wear and I like the contrast between the top in cotton and the bottom in a flowy material. I actually like this top so much that I think I will try and copy it by using my other sweaters that are getting tight around the tummy area. It would be a great way of re-purposing them. Most of all, the color of the top makes me happy. For the longest of time, I have been looking for a jacket or a top in mustard. I got lucky at the market with this jewel. I feel so uplifted whenever I wear it. Next step, finding a jacket or duster in the same color.


Do tell me how you felt about the last Avengers movie so we can discuss among fans.

Comments

Anonymous said…
With havin so much written content do you ever run into any issues
of plagorism or copyright infringement? My
blog has a lot of completely unique content I've either
written myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over
the internet without my permission. Do you know any methods
to help protect against content from being ripped off?
I'd truly appreciate it.
Anonymous said…
Aw, this was a very nice post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to generate a
superb article… but what can I say… I put things off a whole
lot and don't manage to get anything done.

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes