Easter Bunny

Happy Easter everybody!

I usually do not blog more than twice in a month but I had to show you my Easter dress.


Scarf - Thrifted
Dress - Thrifted (M&S)
Bag - borrowed
Shoes - Locally made

For Easter, we usually spend the day at my catholic cousin's house. And I knew exactly what I wanted to wear. I thrifted this dress back in January at the Wednesday market. In my city, there is a market that is going around every day, from areas to areas,  On Saturdays, it is near my house. And on Wednesdays, it is near the university. Most of the time, you find the same vendors. But for some reasons, I find more deals at the Wednesday market. There is this stall there, that sells clothes from Korea. Most of the dresses are in small sizes but from time to time you can find plus size clothing. Last January, I found this barely worn M&S dress in a beautiful pink color. I bought it for 1500 XOF or less than 3$. I actually forgot about it after I washed and ironed it. It was only when I was rearranging my closet last week that I saw it again. I knew it would be perfect for Easter.


The dress has a small opening in the back. But I also found out that I can wear it the other way around, with the opening and tie in front. However the length is a bit short for my taste. It is a midi dress but I felt a bit naked with my legs out. I guess, I would feel better wearing it with leggings.


I cannot wait to style it differently in the future for other occasions. I also realized that I need to invest in one tone dresses. I have so many printed ones that are gorgeous. But they can never match the simplicity and sophistication that come with a one tone dress. Don't you think?


Simple gold and silvers accessories


The shoes I am wearing are locally made. I was not supposed to buy them when I accompany my cousins to go shopping, because I have too many shoes at home. But I could not resist them. They were also very affordable. One day, I will write an article about the local shoe industry in my city. 

I hope you had a wonderful Easter with your loved ones. Now that the Catholics are done fasting, it will be the Muslims' turn in a couple of weeks. I cannot wait. 



Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes