Monday Blues

Recently I have been getting the blues. I am stressed, anxious, depressed. I shout one minute and cry the next. One day I had to take a moment to think because my son was like "Mom! Are you anxious? You look stressed!". It was ridiculous. I have reasons to be stressed and anxious and depressed: when the present is not like you have hoped twenty years ago, and the future is as uncertain as the stock market, you would also have sleepless nights.

Thankfully, I have found a cure for those days I feel like standing in front of a passing car. It is belly dance class. I love to dance so joining a class to exercise was a no brainer. Plus I always wanted to learn Shakira's moves. But what I did not know in joining this class was that on top of learning killer moves and burning some fat, I would meet fun ladies. Our class is pretty cosmopolitan even if the majority is Indian. But we also have all different group ages, different social background. Yet those do not matter. We all come to have a good time and learn.

And we do have a good time every class. Truth be told, I used to be lazy to go because the hours were too late for me. The class is at 11 am but I am someone who likes to exercise earlier in the morning, otherwise I would not move at all. Therefore, I missed many classes. But what motivated me to come back was doing the choreography of a Filmi song I was addicted to. I have not missed many classes ever since. Even when I was sick I would go because I would feel so much better afterwards.

A few weeks back, we were supposed to be glamed for a Diwali party for class. I decided to wear this:




Scarf - I cannot remember
Dupatta and Kurta - Got in Japan 9 years ago
Skirt - Clover center
Maang Tikka ( that thing on my forehead) - Clover center
Bangles -Chandan Nagar market
Earrings and necklace set - Women 's Entrepreneur fair
Ring - Fidak Fair
Anklet - just gifted by my Belly dance teacher
Sandals - Fidak Fair









I got dressed in a short time because I knew I wanted to go for this look. I was just hesitating between this tunic and another one. But upon arriving in class, I realized that I went a bit overboard. Everyone dressed up but mind you, in a still casual, ready to sweat kind of way. I cared for a second and moved one. We danced to different songs and was even asked by the teacher to choreograph a few. Then we all took turns taking pictures, while making all kind of poses and faces. It was hilarious. And poof, just like that the blues were gone.


Golden 


All kinds of embellishment!


Lace or Embroidery? It is probably Mukaish (Google it!)


Some of my fave Indian jewelry
 Obviously my scarf came off during class so I had to change the style.

I do not know what the future holds, but one thing is for sure: If ever I leave this place, I will miss my belly dance crew and class.


We had to take a picture of us wearing the anklets the teacher gave us. Can you spot my foot?

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes