DIY/DIM Printed sheer long vest

Hello everyone. 

Today's new DIY is a printed and sheer long vest. A few months back while I was watching an episode of Style and the city,  I noticed the then host Shibani Dandekar was rocking a two piece printed set made of pants and a vest with a sheer skirt. I fell in love with the design and decided to reproduce it. I looked for a picture of it everywhere on the Internet with no success at all. But that did not stop me.


Scarf -  gift from Ethiopia 
Glasses -  M. G. Road
Necklace  and bangle-  bought at Women Entrepreneur fair
Shirt -  Thrifted
Vest -  did it myself
Pants -  M. G. Road 
Shoes -  bought at Fidak fair in Dakar 


For this DIY I used a printed eyelet wrap around skirt my mother in law gave me years ago. Since she is saying that the style is too outdated, I decided to refashion it into a more modern but also practical piece. The vest was easy to make. I did not use any tutorial at all. I just made the top part using older dresses as sample. The sheer skirt was a left over fabric that I just cut lengthwise and gathered to match the width of the top. Then I attached both parts and voila. I am thinking of adding a button at the waist just so I could close the vest. The original design had a zipper and truth be told I wanted to add the zipper. But I chickened out : zipper really do scare me. Maybe one day I will tackle them. But not today.









So what do you think?  Do you like my new vest?  I am really looking forward to wear it out with jeans and tees.  Here I style it in a more over the top way with the turban and accessories but the plan is to let the vest shine with simpler clothes.

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes