Comfort zone

I am stuck. In a dress routine. I wear the same thing over and over and sometimes the same way. I wanted to dress better this year, wear more of the clothes that keep hanging on my closet. Basically have fun with the clothes I neglected. For a while I was trying. I went on Polyvore and made styling boards of different items that I have problems wearing. And it worked. Dressing up was fun and so much faster in the mornings. But these past weeks I have been wearing the same thing maybe because I have been busy. I grab these Jeans my Hubby bought for me from the US and a top. Sometimes when I have more time I throw on a blazer on and some heels. Truth is I love the jeans. They are a nice dark wash and not too loose or too tight. They are perfect. But I was trying to get out of my comfort zone and avoid the jeans uniform. Not stay in. 

I hate routine. But I am not comfortable with change either. The truth is I would love to just change my entire wardrobe and start from scratch. But that would require funds I do not have. Therefore I better work with what I got. Since most of it is not bad at all. 

Take this tunic for example. I had it for a year now. I love it so much I made another one just like that. Sure it is big and not that flattering unless I use a belt (which I never do). But it is comfy and so easy to style. Plus the tropical print always gives me a boost. So far I always wore it with jeans or black pants. But today I decided to pair it with orange pants and ankle strap heels. It was nice and unusual. The pants could have used a bit of ironing but I am happy with the result. 

Maybe the problem is that I want to dress great but I am not willing to suffer from it. If you have been reading for a long time you will now that I am all about comfort. I get that fashion is to have fun and experiment. But you cannot expect me to have fun strutting in five inch heels. I am not into that "fashion is pain" thing. I am more into "fashion is comfort" thing. And I am not willing to sacrifice that. I need a pair of jeans I don't have to struggle to get in. I need a pair of pants that is not so tight I can't breathe. I need heels that give me enough support so I do not wobble when I walk. My dresses will never be too tight or too revealing. 

But I will tell you what I am willing to do in the name of fashion: I am willing to experiment with color and prints and materials. Everyday I am discovering more prints to fall in love with and more colors that may suit me. Living in India,  you have to fall in love with prints and colors and embellishments. It is what they do best when it comes to fashion design. Furthermore I would experiment with silhouettes. I have been dying to try and make (or have someone make me) pleated midi or full skirt. They are so ladylike and elegant,  an attribute that I find missing in my style. But also simple pants. I need simple structured pants. That is what is lacking in my wardrobe: more tailored outfits. Less boho and more chic. Because the bohemian thing can get you so far. Have you seen how much crap the Olsen twins get for their dress style. Personally I love it (and even dedicated a full board on my Pinterest) to it. Yet,  something got to give.

There you have it, my next goal in perfecting my style: not stray too far from my comfort zone by trying new things. How on earth am I to accomplish that? Well stay tuned!


Tunic - Cupid (Koregaon Park)
Pants - Splash
Shoes - Head over heels (Lifestyle)


Bag -M.G Road

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes