DIY: Embellished Jacket

I have been obsessed with embellished things lately. Blame it on living in this place where embellishments on clothes is as common as a Margherita pizza at an Italian restaurant....So I started to embellish a few tees ( you can read about my trials and errors here), now I moved on to Jackets. I saw this DIY involving safety pins a while back in a magazine, and wanted to try it out. I had the perfect jacket for it. It is cropped and navy blue. I really like it but barely wear it. A few years back, I wanted to change the buttons to golden ones to revamp it a bit and give it a Versace feel, but like with all my projects, I forgot about it. But this time, I was going to pursue it. I purchased golden safety pins at a stationary store and put them on the collar. 


George jacket - Walmart



Safety pins - Sewrite via Landmark


Putting the pins on the collar but you can put them wherever you want to

And voila: New edgy jacket. 
I wore it on this particular windy day and it felt great. It is a new look for an old jacket and I didn't break the bank to do it.The pins cost me 50 rupees for each pack ( of 40) but I am sure that they are cheaper at the market. It is really a fun and easy project. If you want to see more diy involving pins, check out my Pinterest page here




Wrap dress worn as scarf - Brandmart
Embellished Jacket - Walmart and DIM
Top - People
Pants - Shimamura
Flats - H&M

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes