Bag it!

The thing I like the most next to shoes (next to accessories, next to clothes) is bag. I am a sucker for bags. One time in my past life, I decided to buy bags in every color of the rainbow, reason why I now have an extensive collection of totes, basket bags and even clutches. But nothing too expensive as I am always scared to invest in a brand name bag. For me they are way too pricey for a housewife. If I was working, maybe..I even got chances to get good condition second hand Coach or Tory Burch bags in Japan for a fraction of their normal price but I always chicken out at the end. Do you know how many clothes I can buy with that kind of money?

Anyway it has been a while since I bought a new bag (Ok! 8 months is like 2 years in shopaholics years) I did fancy many bags since my arrival in India. But this Summer I lust over a small  jelly cross body bag in neon. It was not that pricey (around 500 rupees at Much More store) but I was never too sure of the color ( I think I am too old for sporting neon green) and it was too small for my big wallet. That was until I found the same bag in a nice red orange for half the price at the Mariplex week end flea market.


 
Shirt - Fashion street, Mumbai
Jeans - thrifted
Sandals - Forever 21
Bag - Mariplex flea market



This bag is perfect for my new life in India. Ever since I came to Pune, I understood something about this place: big bags are not your friend. Whenever you want to enter a hotel or a shop, you will have to be searched. And the bigger the bag, the longer the search. Moreover in some shops, they will keep your bag in their lockers or they will tied the zipper to make sure you do not shoplift.


 I get it. It is all about security since India had terrorists attacks in the past, but also securing the shops assets against thieves. But it is a pain in the butt. I do not know how many times I had to argue with security employees at a store entrance. Sometimes I switch to a bag that does not have a zipper and enjoy watching them try to tie it. Mean but hilarious.

After a while, whenever I knew I had to go to shopping, I took a tiny bag or clutch  with me like so many Indian women do at the mall. And now my jelly one is just perfect for the job. Way of killing two birds with one stone.



Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes