Off for a stopover

The family is on its way to Senegal via Dubai. We stopped over this fabulous land for four days. For the trip I wanted to be comfy but a tad sophisticated so here is what I wore:



Scarf - Langkawi night market
Shirtdress - Thrifted
Pants - H&M
Shoes - Thrifted
Bag - Pratunam market

I think that shirtdress are the next big thing for me after maxi dresses. They are so practical and classy. I already own three but I am thinking that adding two more to my closet would not hurt. Plus this one I am wearing is very pretty with the prints. I just wished it did not wrinkle so I could take it on all my future trips.


The accessories: watch, gifted charm bracelet, the bag and...

 
...the wedges

Our first day in Dubai was ok. We arrived in the early hours of the morning after a long but relaxing flight. We arrived at our hotel appartment which is located in a district called Al Barsha. The room is spacious enough with a living room, kitchen, toilet, and bedroom with bathroom. We all dove in the bed for some well deserved rest.
When we woke up, we went to this huge supermarket called Lulu 10 mns walk from our hotel.
Outside it was burning hot with temperatures nearing the 40. I have never experienced such a dry heat. We rushed to the supermarket (by the way very few cabs in Dubai will take you for short trips; they get paid on comission so for them ttravelling short distance does not make sense). There in the cool environment we bought food for our Suhoor (breakfast as we are in Ramadan), lunch for the kids and other stuff needed in the apartment.
After lunch and a nice nap, I took the kids to the pool. Then we all headed to Dubai Marina where my girl has a flat. Her husband and she invited us in their cozy place for Iftar. We all had the occasion to chit chat about Dubai. We stay till midnight. I was so happy to see my friend after almost 3 years. I cannot wait to visit her again.

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes