C'est le dimanche

I rarely do an outfit post on Sundays because I spend most of my Sundays at home wearing sweats or going out to the park wearing things that are not worth blogging about (this outfit is not worth blogging about either). But this Sunday was different. The weather was nicer after two days of rain. Therefore we decided to go to Yokohama for a walk.
Here is what I wore:



Pic taken at Minato Mirai next to World Porters department store

Knit hat - H&M
Old coat - ???
Grey sweater - Thrifted
Turtle neck tee- 390 Mart
Bag - Honey
Pants - FOS Malaysia
Shoes - Ross

After a big lunch (pics at the end of the post) of Senegalese Yassa, roasted chicken and rice with sora mame (beans), we decided to go to Yokohama for a walk. We took the train to Minato Mirai and walk from there to Bay Quarter Yokohama. It took us more than 30mns but we enjoyed every minute of it. I always go to Yokohama and Minato Mirai but today I discovered some places I have never seen before like that park with a small playground next to 109 Cinema or the training field  Marinos football team uses during the J league season. It was like seeing a new side of Yokohama, a side I totally liked.

Sitting on a heart shaped sofa in Bay Quarter department store


Accessories: gifted, and bought somewhere in Japan


This guy was being filmed by a video crew walking very very slowly. I am thinking it is for a promotion video (of what I am not sure)


It is graduation season in Japan. Many Japanese ladies wearing the Hakama for the occasion

Dragon Boat at Minato Mirai (very popular boats equipped with bar and kitchen for Spring and Summer cruises)


Bay Quarter in Yokohama Station (next to Sogo department store)

We ended up in Bay Quarter, a place I wanted to see for so long. I was a bit disappointed because it was any other department store but with less stuff and brands I usually do not know or like. The kids had a blast playing at Broderlund, a German based toys store. They had lots of toys to see and some to play with inside the store. I like the concept of the store but talk about overpriced. I did visit the same store in Leaf building on the other side of Minato mirai and knew about their hefty prices but to see them again was a shock. Nevertheless they are great toys and if I had the money I would buy them in a heart beat for my kids.


Sakura tiramisu at Sogo department store depa chika


After the kids finished playing (well they never finished, I had to drag them out of the store), we went looking for sweets at Sogo depa chika. Depa chika (department store basement) is a place where all kinds of food pre-cooked and cooked is sell. You have bakeries, Japanese dry condiments, take out food, anything you are looking for and craving can be found there. We went around looking for things, and almost going crazy at such delicacies. We ended up buying some mini croissants and mini pastries and headed home. At the train station, I spotted this lady wearing these crazy leggings and boots I cannot understand nor explain. Just see the pic below.


               Fashionista wearing crazy printed leggings and boots with blue velvet cloth like...I cannot even explain. Anyway what I thought were leg warmers turn out to be part of the boots

Actually, from the moment I left the house, I kept seeing crazy things I wanted to snap at but did not dare to as I am scared. I was telling my husband than when it came to fashion, Japanese ladies are fearless. Lady Gaga ain't got nothing on them. I mean I saw a girl wearing neon pompom earrings (looked DIY), another wearing black tights with bones on them, another wearing some booties with horse like heels (a la Gaga)...So many wild stuff. I just wish I could have a contact lens like camera inserted in my eyes and blinked twice each time I wanted to take a pic of something (like in Ghost protocol). But I guess, I will just have to master the courage  to ask those fashionistas for their pics. I am sure they would not mind as it is flattering to have a pic taken. And I need a new camera as well. I would never pass as a professional blogger with a crappy camera like mine.

Anyway, we arrived home late, talked to the family on Skype till 11. I was so exhausted but happy that I went out. I wish I take the time time to just go for walks and nothing else because I live in such a great place. Yokohama is amazing and I do not regret moving here for one bit.

So how was your Sunday?



Our lunch! No wonder we need to walk to shed those calories


Yassa (or sauce made with lemon and plenty of onions)


Roasted chicken

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes