Eclipse

We have been blessed with nice days recently. It is a break I appreciate since these past weeks were really gloomy and cold. Saturday was a particular fun day for me. I attended a kids bday party with my"other family" in Japan, which consists of two other couples with two daughters each. I love being with them because it gives me a break from boys. I cannot help but beam at the girls who only want to wear pink or enjoy princess dresses. And I so wanted to play with their barbies. I am not sure what GOD has in stores for me but I wish I do get a girl (or two) in the future. Imagine the fun I would have dressing her up and shopping with her. My husband will probably go bankrupt with us so I need a job before that (so I could save).
Anyway here is what I wore:

White beret- random shop in former Cial Yokohama
White shirt - thrifted
Fur vest - thrifted
Jeans - thrifted
Boots - G.U.



I love the entire ensemble. I thrifted the vest a couple of weeks ago in 390 mart. I was just looking for a black bag when I entered their shop and was blown to find fur coats and vests. I always wanted fur. I remembered that some 7 years ago they were in style and my best girl and I wanted to buy matching ones for our birthdays. But at the last minute we backed up, we thought that you needed to have a lavish life style (which we did not) to wear a fur coat. We ended up getting matching rings instead. Now, I am still in love with fur but I think that a vest is a more subtle way to wear it. It is less in your face. And the jewel cost 409Y. Can't beat that! (unless you get it for free)



On the way to the party. Took this sweater in case I would get cold but forgot about wearing it. It was still cold in Roppongi but the place was packed

After the bday party, we drove in town to watch the illuminations. We missed the ones in Omotesando so we decided to head to Roppongi Hills. All along the way, I kept seeing people looking at the sky. And I was wondering what they were looking at. I knew that there was a small chance it would be fireworks (Fireworks are more of a Summer thing in Japan even though on that day there was a special one scheduled in Odaiba). But I also knew that there was a beautiful full moon. Yet I was puzzled because a full moon could not explain the people sudden interested in the sky. Then I received a text from my friend telling me about the eclipse. I peaked outside from the car and saw a huge eclipse. We were just arriving in Roppongi so the hubby parked. It was the first time I was seeing an eclipse and It was beautiful yet spooky. We also admired the illuminations and took some pics. My camera being crappy I could not take a good pic of the eclipse. But it is forever written in my memory. There is one other thing I can write off my list of things to do.....

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes