Chilier, Chilly, less chilly I hope

As Winter approached and the temperatures were still high, I was still dreaming of having a warm season this year. But all my dreams were shattered after last week's temperature drop. One day we were in the 19 degrees and the next, it fell to 7. And to top it all, it started to rain.

Yesterday was one of those bad weather days. It was cold, raining. And I was this close to tears because I wished I had a car or could drive in this country instead of taking the bus and climbing hills to go to my house.

Yet today was better. Today was a good day, weather wise. The sun was out. It was still chilly but bearable. As usual I decided to take a stroll instead of going straight home. I had a Xmas party with some mothers and their toddlers at my son's school in the morning. As soon as the party ended, I took a walk around Yamate Cho and Motomachi.

I have to say that I am lucky that my son's school is located in one of the most beautiful areas in Yokohama. It is so beautiful that everyday you would see tourists (from Japan and other places) coming to visit. Or old people sitting to sketch. Or even fashion magazines coming to do their shoot there. It is beautiful but I never take the time to stop and smell the roses (literally because there is a rose garden in the area as well). The area is filled with old houses and lush gardens. There is also an old cemetary. And as you walk down there is the American hill park where kids enjoy playing. And I thought that it was the perfect spot for my shoot.

Here is what I wore:

Red scarf - Jerusalem Halal meats
Trench - H&M
Grey sweater - Thrifted
White shirt - Thrifted
Barely seen turtle neck - DKNY
Pants - Ross
Shoes - Zara





I like my outfit particularly the sweater. It was one the last things I thrifted in the US before leaving for Japan. I am in love with it because it is very comfy and the material is very good. I also like my shirt that I thrifted during our Xmas bazaar. It is from Twenty One. I thought that it was from Forever 21 but apparently there is also a british line called that. I got do more research on the topic. Anyway, the shirt is still very comfy and it has pockets. I was so happy to find it since I was on the lookout for a very wide and long white shirt. I had to put red in the outfit to respect the Xmas theme for the party. And another mother at the party told me that my striped red shoes look like candy cane. I found it funny because a candy cane never crossed my mind when I bought those shoes last Spring. I just thought they were perfect for the marine look trend. It is crazy how things can take on a new meaning when season changes.

I finish my stroll in Motomachi, which is a hip fashion district. Think Rodeo drive but a bit smaller and with more Japanese brands. The place was decorated for Xmas since after Halloween (they start as early as that in Japan, do not ask me why). The shops had some fun displays. And I was itching to shop. Being broke and all ( I am always broke in December because I indulge too much in November, my bday month) I could not . So I just admired the streets and envy the madames who were there for shopping (GOD, I am still waiting for that answer to my prayer: take away all the envy from my heart!!!) . Nevertheless I had a good walk...

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes