From work to tea time

 In an effort to get more wears out of my clothes - thus avoiding shopping - I have decided not to separate them in work wear and fun wear. Take this dress I bought in Dubai over the Summer. It is such a great dress, perfect for the hot weather. I fell in love with it instantly and could not wait to wear it. I did just that one Friday morning to go to the office. 

Work look: 

White eyelet dress - Centerpoint

Scarf - gift

Espadrilles - Aldo 

Bag - Finezza 

Necklace - HLM market 


I was feeling very comfortable the entire day except for the shoes. I forgot how high they were. I toyed with the idea of adding a belt but in the end I could not be bothered. 

Later on the same day, I was supposed to meet my girlfriends for dessert at Terrou bi hotel. I did not want to change into another outfit. I told the girls earlier that the dress code would be traditional since it was Friday (day where Muslim go to the mosque to pray- like Sunday for Christians). Therefore to make my outfit more suitable, I added a cotton slip with lace trimming I had tailored. I switched my orange espadrilles for some that were lower. And I was done.

Tea time look: 


Lace trim slip dress - tailored made

PVC espadrilles - Numero Uno 



Bear in mind that I could have easily interchanged the outfits for each occasion. As I said before, my job does not have a dress code. We just have to be decent. For easier ways to build work wear outfits during the week, I would recommend wearing something already used during the weekends. Unless you profusially sweat in your clothes, you can still wear them the following day. Although, this trick is easier when it comes to bottom, as shirt, particularly white shirts get dirty pretty quickly. Actually, I was really proud of myself that day because I wore white all day and did not make a mess. 

So what do you think of both of my outfits? 





The girls and I were at Terrou-bi by 5 PM and ordered food and dessert. It seems like most of us were hungry as we did  not have lunch. I had some pasta and a salted caramel cheesecake that was to die for. You see me licking the food off the spoon in the picture above? It was that good. We spent a wonderful afternoon catching up, sharing food and laughters. The scenery was gorgeous as well. Terrou-bi hotel is really a beautiful hotel. Too bad it is becoming overpriced to eat there.

I can’t wait to meet up with my girlfriends for more dressing up, good food and laughter. 

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes