Russian Roulette (how Covid-19 finally caught up to me)

 After two years of dodging the disease, I finally got Covid-19. 


Shirt- Knit crop top and hat- Numero Uno
Jeans - Sandaga market
Bag - HLM market
Sandals - La Folie 

It happened rather suddenly. One night I was eating diner at home and I could not even finish my plate. My stomach was feeling weird. It was unusual because I am glutton; even when I am really sick, I still manage to eat. I thought it was a side effect of the deworming medecine I took earlier. But then I started to have the shivers. I took some medecine and went to bed. Early the following morning, my body was still aching so I took some aspirin, ate breakfast and proceeded to work from home. My voice was also starting to break. Things got worse in the afternoon, after I lied down. My entire body felt like it had been beaten. I was sore and could not even move. I did not even eat food the rest of the day. At night, my Mother forced me to drink one of her tisane made of lemon, natural herbs, ginger and honey. I also drink some vitamin C, and had a hot shower. After the shower, I rub natural shea butter all over my body and went back to bed. 

Since I was feeling much better on day 3, I went to the doctors to get myself tested. I had all the symptoms and did not want to take any chances. I had the rapid test done and it came out postive. I expected that much. I went back home and bought the medecine the doctor prescribed: aspirin, some vitamins and Drill for my sore throat. Once home, I contacted all the people I was with the last few days, including people from work. I self quarantine in my room, going out only to use the bathroom or to get food and water  

The following 5 days I stayed home, mainly in my room, doing absolutely nothing. For a disease I was sure would take me out because of my respitory problems, this one was mild. The flu I had three years ago, was so much worse. Maybe it was because of the vaccine I took. My entire immediate family is vaccinated except for the kids. And we do pay attention to our surroundings. We always have masks on outside of the house, and carry gels to sanitize our hands. However, I have to admit that I have been out quite a lot in the during the holiday season. I took some time off work mainly to rest. However, I had to go to the market and to see my tailors for my business. Moreover, I did enjoy eating out with some girlfriends a couple of times. And I finally went back to the cinema (after 2 years) with the boys to watch the latest Spiderman. Therefore, I could have picked it up anywhere during those outings. 

Being sick truly makes you revaluate your life. Or maybe it was just me. Since I had plenty of free time, It got me thinking about me. I ended up feeling depressed because all the thinking made me realise that I am nowhere near where I wanted to be. I want so much more. And it seems that no matter how much I pray for things, my wishes do not come true. I am not mad at God. I am blaming myself. It is one thing to pray for things, but another to work on having them. And in the past years, what have I worked on having? When I truly think about it, my business is the only thing I worked on. And I did not even work on it fully. I did not give it all the time and dedication needed. I am working on it part time but still I could have done so much more. There are so many things that are at my reach. Yet, I am scared to go after them. This fear is crippling me. And it is a fear or success combined with fear of regret and a fear that comes from over thinking. It is about time I face those fears.

Anyway, after 10 days staying home and doing nothing but rest, I am feeling much better. Thank GOD. I went back to work at home and then physically. I was alright but I did notice a bit of fatigue. That is why I still decided to take it easy even with my outings. Sometimes when you push your body too much, it retaliates. I guess, having the corona was a way for my body to physically force me to take time and care for it. Now that I am feeling much better, I just want to pamper my body. I am seeing a spa day or mani pedi day in my near future. 



What about you? Did you have Covid? How was it? Tell me more!

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes