Sunday Brunch at the Novotel

 In my forever quest to find the best eating places in Dakar, I decided to check the Sunday brunch at the Novotel with the kids recently. I have been to the Novotel several times in my lifetime. I started when I was a teen for swimming lessons. When I returned home, I patronized the place many times for work and for fun. When Covid hit the country, the hotel served as quarantine facilities. They reopened to the general public last year and introduced a new brunch formula. 


Dress - Numero Uno 
Shoes - H&M
Bag - Gift 

Now let me give you my review of the brunch. 

The price of the brunch is very attractive: 20.000 FCFA for adults, and 12.000 FCFA for kids 4 to 12 years old. I think it is one of the cheapest among the major hotels in the city. Another great aspect is that the brunch is centered around kids activities with access to the pool, ride on poneys and others games provided. The restaurant itself is not super huge but the decor is nice and cosy enough. They also have outside seating around the pool and the bar. You can stay outside and soak up the sun. The staff is very helpful and dilligent. 

However, the spread is average. There were several types of salads, some pastries, cookies, pastas inside. Outside we had the hot meals: a paella, some white rice and a barbecue station where you could order grilled gambas, chicken or lamb but also burgers. And to top it all as dessert you had diffeent types of cakes, muffins and flans with a fruit salad bar. I was expecting more. I have watched so many stories of the brunch on instagram and I had the feeling that the spread was more diversified than what we had. Then again we arrived 3 hours after the brunch started. So we probably missed all the good food. On top of that, I found some of the food to be a bit bland. It might be perfect for westerners but we Senegalese like our food with a little punch, a little kick, Nevertheless I made the best out of it.  I even could not finish my desert plate. 


Paella 


Desert and cappucino



Before leaving the hotel, I checked Arka Concept store just at the entrance. I have heard of the shop but never actually got around to checking it. It was a pleasure to browse for mostly African brands such as Parfait Ikouba for clothes and Asym Creation for jewelry. I managed to purchase a birthday present for my brother. I also inquired about how to get my brand featured just in case. I think the store is a nice place for people patronizing the hotel to get souvenirs without facing the hustle bustle of the city.



Overall I spemt a relaxing day with the boys. Will I try Novotel Sunday brunch again? Probably. But I will have to come earlier the next time. I also have been meanting to try their weekday lunch formula. However what I really would like to do is to just rest on ther swing sunlounger around the pool and read a good book.

 I wonder what other Sunday brunch I might try in this city. 


Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes