All that Sparkle!

 Hello!

I was planning on doing a post showcasing all the glittery outfits one could wear during the holiday season in hopes to inspire y’all. However, the way I have been busy lately trying to bank on holiday season to « relaunch » my brand, I am not sure I even have the time. Influencers and fashion bloggers make it seem easy. But picking outfits and shooting them is no joke. In the past, I have done it but it took me months to compile all the looks and finally post them. At this rate, I may publish that post by mid May. Lol.


Headband, Sweater, pleated skirt
And sandals all from
Numero Uno 
Earrings - Imaara 
Ring - Marche Sandaga 

Anyway, enough with the excuses. I recently got the opportunity to wear such holiday party worthy outfit. It was my brother’s birthday and his wife decided to throw him a surprise party. Well it was supposed to be a surprise but my brother is so nosy that nothing passes him by. Plus, I asked him to chauffeur me around town to pick up his cake and drinks for the party. 

I always dress casual for at home events. Yet, this time I wanted to do something different I opted for this skirt that I purchased probably 3 years ago and never got to wear. I had decided to sell it but no one wanted it so I kept it. I paired it with a glittery sweater. I added a sparkly headband and my golden laced up sandals and was done. I did not even bother with a bag.

Come to think of it the entire outfit is from the same store in town. And styling this skirt was easier than I thought. I am not even sure why I thought it was that hard before? Anyway this is a simple yet confortable look for the holidays. Do you think I could rock the skirt for work, or is it too much sparkle for the office?



The party was great and simple. We enjoyed succulent food. And my sister in law did a wonderful job on the decoration. She is such a perfect host. I do not remember the last time I went all out for a party I hosted. My philosophy when it comes to at home party is that the less fuss it is the better. People are mostly interested in food anyway. Yet I could not help but admire the simple and elegant decoration. Maybe this year I should up my game. 

I do hope there are other parties on my calendar this year. We are already spending christmas and new year's eve at home so there is another excuse to dress up. I still want to get out of the house. My party clothes need to escape the closet and see the day (or the night) ; so do my party shoes. 


The decorated table

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season. Follow me on Instagram to see what I am up to when I am not blogging. 



Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes