DIY Heart Appliqué

 Hello my dears!

I am not sure if I have already told you but these past weeks I have been bored to death. Even watching new shows on Netflix does not excite me anymore. And I cannot go out as freely as I want because of a certain deadly virus. I have even considered taking some classes or enrolling to night school. I am still thinking about it but in the meantime, I have decided to tap into my creative side. I finished a project I had been thinking about for some time. I have several versions of it stored on my Pinterest page, but for today I am going for the heart appliqué.

What you need: 

- Some thread

- embellishements (cauri shells, beads, sequins or anything you like)

- a sturdy fabric (for this one I chose a neoprene one I found at my tailors)

- a tee shirt or sweatshirt or even any other type of clothing you would like to use. 

Step one: Take your fabric and draw a heart shape on it with a pen. 

Step two: Divide inside the heart in different sections, they do need to be proprotional 



Hand embroidery

Step three: Thread your needle and start to add the embellishment section by section


The finished heart

Step four: When you are done, you can cut the excess fabric and glue the heart to any clothing you want. Or you can do like me and sew it onto it for lasting effect. I originally wanted to add the heart applique to a sweatshirt but then realised that I am not really a sweashirt wearing type of girl. Finally I gave the applique to my tailor to add to a bubu and dress set I thought needed a bit of pizaaz. He did and voila: 


I wore the bubu at an event recently. I have yet to wear it with the pink dress because I am not hundred percent happy with the design. I still want to modify it. Yet the bubu goes nicely with pants. I am actually thinking of selling this design for my brand, once I figure out how long it will take to make the heart embroidery. It does take quite some time to embellish the entire heart. Let us just say that this design is not for mass production.  

So what do you think of the heart embroidery? 

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes