Makeover

 Hi y'all!

Happy new year and all that! Frankly this year is already off to a great start. I am being sarcastic by the way, because after only a few days, I am having weird 2020 flashback. For starters, the president declared a state of emergency in my city and we are under curfew from 9 pm to 6 am, or is it 5 am?. I actually welcome the measure as I was expecting it. But I was supposed to have a Girls Night Out with some friends, and attend a makeup master class/ private sale event in January. The event has been postponed till March and now I am having a Girls day out with my friends!

A few days ago, I saw a fashion blogger asking on Instagram if we had any style goals this year. I answered that I was too focused on surviving what is resembling yet another chaotic year to think about style at all. If there is anything 2020 has taught me is that sometimes making plans and goals is useless. Besides for years, my goal when it comes to style has been to elevate it. And by elevate, I mean dress like a proper classy lady. Basically nothing much has changed or is changing when it comes to goals. 

Unfortunately, I have realized that I am pretty much set in my ways. I like what I like. And what I like is reflected in the pictures below. 

Long sleeves tee - Numero Uno 
Pants - Thrifted
Necklace - Petersen market 
Bag and loafers - Numero Uno
Hat - Shop in Lamine Gueye street

 I like to dress casual because it fits my lifestyle of a busy working girl, trying to make her side business take off, and partially taking care of her kids. I also walk a lot. When I go out, it is for a purpose. As much as I love them, I cannot be walking around in huge bubus that get caught in doors and high heels that pain my feet. Instead, I dress in jeans or stretchy pants and soft cotton tees or large blouses. Yet, I try to add a bit of fun by going wild with the colors and the prints. If you have been following me for a while, you can count the times I posted a look featuring something black in here. I also accessorize a lot to uplift my mood with funky jewelry and hats.


Yet after the shitty year we all had, I have this need to do a makeover. I have been considering changing things up a bit but I am a tad scared to go for it. I just want to look like those Instagram models sometimes, in long wigs, big sunglasses, tight fitted clothes, bold  manicure and heels. I just want to look like a high maintenance woman for once in my life and not be confused with a teenage wannabe. But to become like that requires effort, time and money. The truth is that there is much effort being put into looking effortlessly chic. And I am not sure I am willing to put the effort.

  




However, I am willing to do this makeover by taking small steps. Instead of wearing my favorite jeans every Saturday to run errands, I could go for a maxi dress. On Fridays, I could go for a traditional fancy outfit that has not been worn yet. I could try wearing my heels more. If I know I will be in a car  and sitting most of the time for an event, I will dig out my highest heels. I should also stop waiting for a special occasion to wear my fancy clothes. At this rate, any day I am still alive and well is a special day and I should celebrate it. I will also go for manicures and facials and apply make up more than I do now. I also want to stop buying clothing that necessarily do not reflect me or fit my lifestyle. What do I need a sequin low cut tank top if I am not hitting the clubs, even if it is a cute tank top? I am thinking that if I take these steps, little by little I would reach my goal of looking like a classy high maintenance lady someday. In the meantime, let me enjoy my casual looks.




Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes