Summer breezing

Hello y'all!
 
Summer is finally here. It is so very hot, I really find it hard to find suitable clothes to wear. And it does not help that I sweat as soon as I get out of the shower. Sometimes it is so hard to find something to wear that I'd rather stay home. But that is no longer an option. Since the month of July I have to go to the office at least twice a week. This means that I have to find something suitable for work in my closet. 

 
Shirtdress - Zara 
Palazzo pants - Encuentro 
Shoes - Street vendor in Sandaga market
Bag - Zara 
Ring - Street vendor in HLM market

 
 I was actually happy to be back at the office. I have to admit that staying at home was boring at times. One cannot be watching Netflix, or sketch all day. Plus I like the idea of digging through my wardrobe to find something to wear for work. These last few months have been hard on the style section of my life. I was pretty much living in Mumus at home, and loose bottoms and flowy tops for the outside world. I wore heels twice. I dressed up once to go out for lunch with former colleagues and another time for Eid. And make up was mostly applied when I had to shoot for my brand.  

 
 Going back to work should give me the push I need to get more stylish at least when it comes to work wear. Yet it is so hot, I cannot see myself wearing blouses and pants with pumps. As a matter of fact, I wore palazzo pants, tunics, kaftans and sandals since I have been back to work. Not only is it hot, but I also gained some weight during the self confinements days. I am very afraid to try on my clothes now. Moreover, this weather is not suited for tight fitted clothes. I need movement and flow.
 
 
Such as this ensemble. It is not exactly an ensemble but two separates that actually work well together. I had the cotton dress shirt/ tunic for almost 3 years now. I actually like it a lot but do not wear it often because it demands ironing. And you know I am too lazy to do that. But on that particular day, I did not care much about the wrinkles. The palazzo was one of last summer's staples. I wore it so often I was afraid people would think that I only own one pair of pants. I have other palazzo pants now but it is still my favorite because of the muted prints and color and the softness of the pants.  


 
 

I finished the look with this reversible tote bag that I cannot believe has not been featured on this blog yet since I have been using it a lot recently. I also added the metallic sandals I recently bought to match with the bag. I wore little jewelry because my skin gets itchy with all the metals once it starts sweating.



And there you have it, an easy breezy, colorful summer look. I was actually so comfortable in it, I felt like I was wearing a pajama all day. This look inspired me to make some ensembles for my brand. I know several women who like the tunic /palazzo pants combo. I will make them in several summery colors and prints. It will be part of my Summer collection along with maxi dresses and skirt and top sets. Stay tuned for it on my page on Instagram . 

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes