White Jeans

Hello my dear readers.
I hope you are all doing fine.
Today, I would like to discuss a fashion item that has been scaring me for as long as I could remember: White Jeans.
 
For the longest time, I avoided White Jeans. I did own a pair of tied dyed white blue jeans (featured here ) but that was as far as I would go. There is something about white jeans that scared me. First off, I am not one of those super clean ladies who can manage to wear white without messing herself up. Besides, my city of Dakar is not really the place to wear white due to pollution, dust and so on. On top of that, I had the feeling that white jeans, unlike black ones would not hide any of my curves. And I was not confident enough to rock them.

Yet, I have decided that I will not let my fears of getting dirty or lack of confidence deter me from owning a white pair of jeans. After searching a while, I got lucky one day at the market. I scored this pair originally from M&S that I suspect to be from the men's department but who cares. It is a bit too big at the waist but add a belt and it is alright.


White tank top and belt- Sandaga market
Kimono - thrifted
White jeans - thrifted
White sandals - bought from a neighbor
Summer hat - can't remember 



This look is perfect for a day at the beach. I could see myself rocking it to go to Goree Island with my kids. But replace the kimono with a chambray shirt and you can have another easy breezy everyday look. I also like to style the jeans with romantic tiered or peplum tops in bold prints such as floral, gingham or stripes.




There is something awfully summery about a white jeans. On top of that, they go with everything from blouses for work to tees for the weekends. One of my favorite look for work would be white jeans, a shirt-dress and heels. It is also a perfect way to start for those who are not confident enough to rock white jeans.You can button the dress all the way down or just the upper part to showcase the jeans. But do not forget to add a belt for definition.

In fashion, everything is about getting out of your comfort zone. You have to will yourself to try something at least once and see how you feel about it. I have to admit that once I tackled the white jeans, they became easier to wear. I think I wear these jeans at least once a month. Now if only I could manage to stay clean while I wear them....

What about you? Are you into White Jeans like me or they scare you?

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes