Salmon Pink

Hi y'all!!!

 
I went and did something quite unexpected recently. I had lunch with two friends. How funny it is that less than 4 months ago, having lunch with friends was considered to be a normal thing. But now with this pandemic it has become something extraordinary. 
When a girlfriend of mine asked me to go have lunch with her and another friend, I have to admit that I was skeptical. I had one million questions going through my head. Should I go? Is it safe? What if I catch the virus? But then I decided that I could not stop living just because of this disease.
 
So I went to have lunch at a nice spot in the city called Cremino. The restaurant was taking precaution providing hand sanitizers and cleaning up but that was about it. There was not such a thing as social distancing. I wore a mask up until I was served my food. I also washed my hands before eating. But was that enough? 
 
Cremino is a nice restaurant located in Dakar, on Lamine Gueye Avenue to be more exact. They serve ice creams, smoothies and juices but also light meals such as sandwiches and pasta. I like to go there after hours of shopping to rest and recharge. My favorite thing to eat there is a Salmon cream pasta, heavy on the cream and the pasta. So heavy indeed I could not finish the plate, and I am big eater. 

 
Dress - shop in Rue de Thiong
Wedges - Thrifted 
Earrings - gift
 
I decided to wear this dress I bought at the beginning of the year. It took me some time to wear it because it was too long when I purchased it. I had my tailor alter it. But then I was waiting for a right occasion to rock it, probably on a Friday at work, and "after work" with my colleagues. But since there are no more special occasions, I finally wore it. The dress is totally sheer so I had to wear a slip dress underneath it. Usually these dresses are sold with a slip dress. But the vendor I went to did not provide for it. What is up with that? These types of tiered dresses started to be the trend in my country since last year. I also have one in baby pink with a matching slip that I have yet to wear. 
 
 
I ordered a salmon and avocado crepe with peach ice tea
My girlfriends and I had a great time. We have not seen each other in over three months although we manage to stay in touch via Whatsapp. We had lots of catching up to do. It was actually really fun to just sit down with two friends and vent about life. After lunch, we decided to do some shopping in the city. I had to buy fabrics for my business and presents for family. But the ladies managed to drag me into shops I never knew existed where I indulged in quite some shopping. It felt good to be with fun people and be carefree for a day.
 
However, it was quite a selfish decision I took, going out to have lunch with friends. And I really hope I will not regret it. I live with my old parents and both of them have chronic illnesses such as diabetes and high blood pressure, which put them at risk. I also have my children coming over once every other week end. I cannot allow anything to happen to them all. Yet, the thing with this disease is that no one knows when or where they can be infected. We are at risk whenever we go outside, but also even in our own home. We take precautions but we cannot stay locked in. We have to go out to do groceries, to work, to take care of business. We also welcome people into our homes, mostly close family but also total strangers such as the plumber or delivery men. 
 
 
Nevertheless, people are getting tired of staying home. I have noticed a certain change in the city since Eid. During the religious festival, people went out to visit family and friend despite the warning to stay home. Then some groups started to protest against the measures the state took to limit the spread of the disease. The government had to lift some of those measures to appease the masses. People are now feeling freer to go out. 
 
 
Frankly I am tired of it all. I stay home most of the time and go out only when necessary. In four months, I have not gone out to eat, go to any party, no event. I have not traveled either. I have not gone to work in my office like I used to. I have not even exercised by taking walks. I have not gone to see a movie with my best friend like I used to. I have not taken my kids to visit some of the city's landmark like I used to. I miss all of that.
 
But I really cannot complain because I am still alive and well. I am living in my house with my family. I get to eat when I want, I get to sleep when I want. I have less workload at my job. I have enough free time to focus on my side hustle, which I am enjoying a lot lately. Truly, I am blessed because I know lots of people are really suffering through this pandemic. Not only some got really sick, but many lost their lives. People have lost their jobs and with it any income and savings. Some have been evicted because they can no longer pay rent. Others were forced to close their business because it is no longer profitable. This disease did not only force us to change our way of life, but it has also destroy the life we knew before. 
Instead of complaining that I can no longer go out the way I want to, I should count my blessings. I should also not lose focus; this disease is still very present. There is no cure in sight. Therefore, I am not sure I will go out to eat again at a restaurant with friends any time soon. But I would not mind a nice walk by the beach only when deserted.   
 
What about you? Are you still confining yourself? Or have you allowed yourself to go out and enjoy the streets? Tell me more in the comment section.

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes