Layering colors

Happy new Year! Bonne et heureuse année 2020!

I hope you had a great time during the holiday season. I took some days off work to spend time with my loves. And I did just that hosting and attending christmas parties, weddings or just dining out. But I also stayed indoors a lot, just laying down on the sofa watching videos on Youtube or shows on Netlfix. I also ate a lot of good food. Who can resist a good log cake?

I am already back at work, but secretly planning what to do next to enjoy this life of mine. And while I make plans, I have decided that I will do everything to uplift my mood at work. And usually what gets me going is a killer outfit, or at least what I think is a killer outfit.


Scarf - Sandaga market
Top and cardigan - Kiabi
Blazer - thrifted but also a Kiabi
Skirt - from my Mother
Shoes - Numero Uno
Earrings - Petersen market
Lipstick - Nubian Cosmetics


The weather has been pretty gloomy lately with sand pollution and low temperatures (still in the 20 degrees celsius though). When I woke up today, I was so cold all I wanted was to wear a coat and boots (I miss wearing boots). The thing is, it always gets warmer around noon, so there is no point wearing a big coat and boots in my city. That is why I decided to layer this beautiful mustard cardigan with a brown blazer.



I am actually wearing 4 colors today: white, brown; mustard and navy (5 if you count the black tote bag I had, which is not pictured). Ain't nothing different from my usual. Yet what makes this outfit different is that I have never done such a color combination. I have never paired mustard with brown before. And I should have because it is such a nice combo. Don't you think?


The lipstick is brand new. I have just received it as gift when I was invited to a masterclass on make up. I love the color and the fact that it is a matte lipstick. I always thought that red did not look good on me but it is really starting to grow on me so much so that it is my go to color for lipsticks now.



And last but not least, I am wearing my favorite pair of pumps. I love everything about it, the shape, the perfect fit and the color. The color elevates it to a whole other level. And I always get compliment whenever I wear it, which is not often. 


This was such an easy outfit to put together. It was also very fun and unusual for me. My motto now is that my clothing should not only be comfortable but they also need to uplift me. Life is gloomy enough already. And this weather ain't helping. Yet, I cannot wait for the temperatures to drop even more so I can rock my coat without feeling like a stranger in Moscow.

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes