Affirmations

Hello Lovelies!!!

How is it going?

I am doing great. October is really started to test me with its heat. It can become quite unbearable. I am so looking forward to the days where I can rock a sweater or my denim jacket.

Anyway, today I wanted to talk about self-confidence. I recently attended a workshop on self confidence hosted by a French Influencer I happen to follow on Instagram. The workshop was 4 hours long and I could only enjoy three because I arrived really late (I was babysitting my niece). But I still managed to get all the information I needed to help me build my self confidence.


Sateen scarf - HLM market
Short Bubu - tailor made
Pants - gift
Shoes - Thifted
Accessories - different markets 

I am not a confident person. I always doubt myself. When I was a housewife, I always felt like what I was doing was never enough. I wanted to be the perfect mother, the perfect wife. I felt like I was constantly failing. This lack of confidence was also felt outside of my home, in my interactions with the outside world. I would almost never engage with people for fear of being rejected. I always waited for them to approach me. And they had to invite me several times before I would accept. I felt at ease alone at home, and not facing the real world with all its drama.


But the big push came when I finally started working. I had my anxiety about entering the workforce with people 10 years my junior showing me the ropes. But after a while, I stopped making a big deal out of it because I just wanted to learn and be good at what I had to do. The more I learned, the more I became better. Soon, I was becoming great at my job. And I loved the fact that people relied on me.


More often than once at my job, I had what they call the impostor syndrome. I would be thrown in a meeting with officials and I would wonder what on earth was I doing there. I was so intimidated that I could not speak, letting my colleagues do all the work. However I got over it quickly. I told myself that there was a reason I was there. Nobody told me to get out, nobody bothered me. On the contrary, they asked me to be there, and they wanted to know more about what I had to say. That could only be a good thing.


I think the main reason why I am not confident is that I am a negative person. I always expect the worse to happen. I could be daydreaming about going to a resort hotel in the Maldives and end up thinking: 'what if there is an earthquake and a tsunami comes". Or I would be having one of those perfect days but before it ended, I would expect something terrible to happen like a big fight with my partner or the kids getting sick. That is the kind of negative thoughts I have.


During the workshop I learned that if I have negative thoughts, they would turn into reality. I learned that I should turn those negative thoughts into positive ones. Instead of thinking that I will never make it, I should just say out loud that everything will be fine. Basically I should just work on my affirmations, which is something I rarely do. And only by changing my mindset, can I become confident and be open to everything wonderful God has in stores for me. And let me just start today by saying:


I am strong
I am beautiful
I am fabulous
I am fun
I am loud
I am a great Mother
I am a great Daughter
I am a great Sister
I am a great Aunt
I am a great friend
I am great at my job
I am caring
I am passionate
I am devoted
I am loyal
I am fierce


I will be more successful than I am right now
I will do everything great that I set my mind to do
I will have everything that I want 

Inshallah!!! (God willing)


Now before I leave, let me just talk about this look. It is a short embroidered men's Bubu paired with linen pants. A friend of mine gave me this African print fabric a while back. Since I am always undecided about what I want, it took me a while to settle for this design. I took it to my tailor two weeks ago and he made me this. When I first saw it, I did not like it at all because I found the embroidery to be too big, too overwhelming. But then I decided that I would just wear it the following Friday regardless. I grabbed these linen pants that are part of a Moroccan tunic and pants set my brother got me during one of his trips there (Morroco is on my bucket list by the way). I finished the look with my red kitten heels and a red scarf. The Bubu is actually very easy to wear. The fact that I got many compliments on it finally made me like it. The following day I paired it with my high waisted skinny jeans and yellow sandals; it was perfect as well. I can't wait to pair it with a white buttoned down shirt once the temperature drops.

Bye!

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes