Korean Food in Dakar

Hello!
We are in August, which means we are 5 months away from 2020. I have seen so many posts on social media asking if I have met the goals I set at the beginning of this year, to get me anxious. Because I am nowhere near achieving those goals. Those goals were simple: join a gym, travel abroad and buy a car. I never managed to join a gym even if it was affordable and accessible. I even found one, minutes away from my house. I am not sure why I still postpone joining it. When it comes to traveling, every time I make arrangements, something at work comes up or with the people I plan to travel with. But at least, I managed to travel inside the country so there is that. As for the car, let us just say that I am not still sure I found the right one for me. Or if I do, the price is not right. Who knew buying a used car could be this tricky? Anyway, It pisses me off that I have not yet achieved those goals. Then after the anger comes the depression. Can you imagine it? I am on leave, supposed to enjoy the Summer. But here I am crying over things. I hate this feeling of being stuck; things are not moving fast enough for my taste.


Dress - Bought in Sandaga Market
Sandals- from Morocco

Anyway I was in such a bad mood lately that I knew I had to do something. I decided to take a step back and breathe a little. I knew that when it comes to my goals, only the one about joining a gym is reachable at the moment. As for the other two, I would work on them. I should trust that things will fall in line sooner or later. Therefore I just have to be patient. In the meantime, I would try and enjoy this Summer the best way I can. 
And that is what I just did one day, after running errands in town. I decided to take the kids to this Korean restaurant I had been dying to return to after I went for an after-work last year. It is called "Le Seoul". I like the place because it looks like an oasis in the middle of the crowded city. It has a pool even though I am not sure one can use it. The restaurant was empty at lunch time, which is usually a bad sign. However after the exhausting morning I had, I preferred it that way. I like the quiet. We ordered Gimbap which looks like Maki sushi, Bibimbap ( bowl of rice with veggies and meat), Chijimi (crepe with seafood and veggies) and fried rice with some soft drinks. Before our food arrived, they gave us some appetizers, mainly pickled vegetables. It reminded me of my college years when I used to patronize this lovely north Korean family restaurant down the road from my apartment. 



Kimchi and other pickled veggies

Our food was excellent. The Chijimi was the best. And I have to admit that I was happy to see my boys, who can be picky, eat everything to the point of almost licking the bowl.






After recharging, we went to the market for more errands and then headed home. I was happy to get out and unwind a little. This city is filled with places that will allow you to do just that: restaurants, beach clubs, bars, nightclubs. But I prefer quiet places because I am getting at that age where I need my peace. Therefore I need somewhere that will allow me to just breathe and let my mind wonder.  Next step, I just want to go out by myself to a cafe where I can sit and enjoy a book for at least 3 hours like I used to do in Starbucks, back when I was living abroad. Anybody knows the perfect place to do just that since we do not have Starbucks in Dakar yet?


By the way, I got this dress at a random shop a while back. And I guess it is now my favorite dress. I have already wore it 3 times in less than a week. It is in a fabric I have been searching for ages. It is called "Fleurs de Marriage" or wedding flowers. And the cut is super simple. On top of it, it has pockets. I even went back to the seller, to see if he had other similar dresses in stores. But he told me he will have new arrivals after Eid. I am going to enjoy this one in the meantime.

Do not worry if you have not achieve the goals you have set for yourself. With discipline and determination, you will get there someday. God is great and what will be will be. That is what I keep telling myself.

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes