Garden party (A day at Savana Hotel)

Hello dear friends!

It is back to school in some places around the world. It is also the case for my boys. I hope they are ready to face this new school year and that they made enough memories during the Summer holidays.

Speaking of making memories, it was my youngest son's 10 year birthday, a couple of weeks ago. And to celebrate the entire family (aka my parents, my kids, my brother, his wife, her sisters, and my niece) decided to spend the day at the pool. We chose the Hotel Savana which is located in downtown Dakar. This hotel is really old and used to be It back in the day. It has beautiful gardens, an outdated architecture, and an Olympic size swimming pool. We decided to go there because it was less overpriced than the usual suspects around town. For 15000 CFA (around $25), you have access to the pool and private beach, then you can use the 10.000 for food and beverage. 


Scarf - Old from India
Dress - bought at Ivory Coast Week Fair
Shoes - Morocco
Bag - thrifted at HLM Market 
Earrings - Gift 
 
We arrived around 1 PM and barely made the cut. Apparently when they are no more lounging chairs available, they no longer accept clients. We went straight to the pool. My brother wanted his daughter to experience her first pool so he got her all the necessary gear: swimsuit, hat, sunglasses and float. He went in with the rest of the kids. Surprisingly my niece loved the experience and even dozed off. My kids got to enjoy themselves and I took pictures. As usual I chose not to dip in the pool.



 
Hotel Grounds

One hour later, we decided to go have lunch at one of the restaurants located near the pool. The place was crowded so they could not seat all of us right away (we were ten). Then our food took forever to come because they wanted to bring everything at the same time. The service was so slow that at one point I took the kids back to the pool. And when the food finally arrived, it was just blah. 


At the restaurant





Nevertheless we still managed to have a good time. I took the opportunity to take pictures of course just because I was feeling myself in my new dress. I had bought it the previous day at the Ivory Coast Week fair in Dakar. Each year, a fair showcasing designers, entrepreneurs, artists from Ivory Coast takes place in Dakar. I went last year and bought a bejeweled velvet scarf that I have yet to wear. This year I was dragged by my "Partner in Shopping", my co-worker from Cameroon. There were so many great things but I just bought some earrings, this dress and bottle of pure Shea butter cream. I wanted more things but I did not have enough money with me and the prices were high. I think I just have to go to Ivory Coast and blow all my money on goodies. 


Bronze Earrings gifted by my co-worker


I am so in love with this dress. The fabric looks like it is weaved but it is just a print. And the cut is perfect. It is actually a circle dress but it comes with a belt that I decided to tie around my waist to make me look less round. And to top it all of, it has pockets. What more could I ask for?



The birthday boy and I

This Summer has been kind of wild. Spending quality time with the boys and the rest of my extended family. I just wished I had taken more time out of work to have more fun, and time for myself. But in the end, I am all smiles at the memories I managed to make. And for that I am grateful.


Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes