Heatwave

Hi Y'all!


It is getting too hot to properly function. I just want to stay home under the fan and nap all day. What about you?

To stay cool, I opt to dress with light fabric like cotton and linen. Man made material can easily turn into the enemy under this heat. Yet I chose to wear this jersey skirt today.


Printed scarf - Gift
Chambray shirt - thrifted (Liberte 6 market)
Jersey maxi skirt - HLM market
Shoes - La Folie
Necklace and Earrings - MG road market (India)
Bracelet - Saturday Market
Ring - so old but probably bought in Japan
Lipstick - Kiko




I thought of this ensemble the night before wearing it. I love a good jersey skirt in grey color. And this one right here is just perfect because the fabric is light; yet the skirt is too long. So long that it can actually become a sleeveless dress. I have never worn the skirt to work because it is the type of skirt that shows all my curves. But I was determined to try it with this chambray shirt that at least covers my bum. I added the espadrilles sandals to counter-act the length of the dress. They are the highest wedges shoes I own and still I had to lift my skirt while walking.




For such an easy outfit to put together, I received quite a few compliments from my co-workers. As for me, I like the fact that it was comfortable and stylish at the same time. I was still hot but feeling myself. And believe me, there is a difference.







Now I just want a dress in the same fabric as the jersey skirt to wear on fun days brunching, the beach or for a road trip outside of the city during this season.





What about you? What are your must have to survive this heatwave?

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes