When in doubt, wear a dress!

Hello faithful readers!

That is it! I think that this dress below is my favorite dress of all time. Ok! I am being dramatic over here. Let us just say that I have a new favorite dress until I find another that is better.

I went to The Gambia for early spring break recently and I indulged in a little bit of shopping. I originally wanted to buy a tie and die fabric in blue and white but I could not resist this one as well. So I got them both at the market for a very affordable price. 

Lucky for me, there is a tailor right across the streets from my grandparents' house where I was staying. I showed him some pictures from Pinterest and let him do his magic. And ta-da!


Velvet scarf - borrowed from my Mother
Dress - custom made
Shoes - Westside (India)


I wore it for the first time for a work event. It would have been wise to go with a "suit and tie" for it was a networking event I was hosting. But for some reasons, I do not feel very comfortable in pants blouse blazer combo. I have gained, a little a lot of weight recently. And I feel very self conscious about my body. Moreover I could never feel as good in a suit as I do wearing this type of dress.

I like the dress because of the print. I am entirely obsessed with tie and dye. I must have featured tie and dye outfits in this blog once or twice. I have an entire board dedicated to it on Pinterest. And one of my dream is to be able to do my own dyed clothes (I learned how to at design school).




The second reason why I like the dress so much is because the skirt part is very full. I felt like a little princess attending a ball while wearing it. It is also very long and I actually had to lift the hem when I was walking or going up the stairs. If only it had pockets! But we cannot have it all, can't we?






I received many compliments when I wore it for the event. Now I just want to copy and paste the cut in different prints and colors. Who is with me?


Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes