A cocktail at the Novotel

Hello Hello!

A friend of mine invited me to accompany her to a cocktail party at the Novotel Hotel in Dakar. I have been to the Novotel only twice before for work since I moved back home. I enjoyed myself both times but I could not wait to see what more they had to offer. Truth be told, I sometimes forget about Novotel when it comes to Hôtels in Dakar, because it is a bit secluded. But Novotel has been an institution in Dakar for the longest of time. I remember going there as a kid to learn how to swim.

The cocktail was a marketing event to show the newly renovated areas of the hotel. My friend, two other coworkers and I, got to visit a single room upstairs. It was nice even if it was a tad small for my taste. The decor was also simple and colorful.



Seating area inside the room


The headboard of the bed we had to try.



The bathroom


The tiny toilet

The visit was fun because it was punctuated by a little game. The person who tended to my friends and I, showed us a bag and we each had to pick a key. The person whose key opened the room would win something big. I heard it was a weekend at the Novotel but I was not sure. Unfortunately for us, we did not win. However that did not stop us from enjoying the good food and the good ambiance at the party. The party itself was at the poolside. Several tables were lined with good food such as mango and avocado mousse, california sushi rolls, spring rolls, shrimp beignets, grilled meat, mint chocolate mousse and macarons. There was a very interesting crowd made of patrons of the hotel. We did not mingle at all but still manage to talk to a few interesting people. As a group we mainly sat down, ate, gossiped, laughed and took pictures.


Dress - Mango
Belt - Sandaga market
Studded Sandals - Centennaire market
Earrings - borrowed from my Mother
Necklace - Gift 





 


As we were leaving we were offered goody bags that contained a labelled mug, a note book, and some coupons to be used at the hotel. The coupons just might incite me to go and visit the hotel more often. The newly started sunday brunch at an affordable price is also anotre incentive.

Before I end this post, I would like to talk about the dress I was wearing. It is a metallic midi length knit dress in black. I got it at Mango on sale after one colleague wore the same dress for work. When I saw it on her I had to have it. So I rushed to the nearest Mango store to score it. I bought the last one. I did find it torn at some areas but that did not stop me. I went home and fixed the tears myself. I love the dress because it is very light. I comes with an opaque slip dress that is so airy I felt naked the entire time I was wearing it. The dress is very sexy but it does not cling to my curves. Actually it is very large and shapeless until I added the belt. When I bought it, I realized that it would be the perfect date night dress. I cannot wait to wear it again for something more fun.

Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes