PJs


Hello my readers!


Two weeks ago,  I went and had a nice Korean lunch with my nice Korean friends. The place, called Arirang, was a guesthouse with a small restaurant that reminded me of my college days. But we had a private room to ourselves. My friend called in advance and ordered one of my favorite Korean dish: Bibimbap which is white rice with lots of vegetables and egg on top that you mix with Kochujan, a spicy sauce. I have not had the food in years. Come to think of it, the last time I had a proper Bibimbap was during my college years. There was a nice Korean restaurant not far from my apartment where I used to hang with my fellow foreign classmates. What I love the most about eating in Korean restaurants is that they bring out this spread of complimentary appetizers that you nibble on before the main dish. Today we were treated to Kimchi, peanuts with soy sauce, radish and spinach salad, and fried stuffed peppers. It was delicious. The Bibimbap came with a seaweed soup that took me back to Japan. The Bibimbap itself was very simple but the sauce and sesame oil made it delicious. I ate well while discussing with my Korean friends mostly about the difference between their country and mine. We talked about table etiquette, funerals, kids and so on.



The appetizers 



Bibimbap and Seaweed soup 


Over the years living abroad, I have found an affinity with Korean people. I have met so many generous and nice Korean women. And the funny thing is that they always approach me as I find it hard to go to people. But they come chat with me and open their homes to me. They even cook me Korean food whenever I say that I crave it. I am very lucky to be surrounded by such people.

And it is not only Korean. Japanese people too are very nice to me the minute they discover that I can speak their language. They welcome me like I am a part of them. And do not even get me started on Indonesians, Indians (particularly those who lived abroad), well foreigners in general.

I do not know if foreign people are generally nice or if it's the fact that since we all live abroad in a foreign land we have to stick together thing. But, living abroad I have met some of the nicest people I know, who were always ready to lend a hand or support me when I needed it. Obviously not everybody is like that. I have also encounter some real menace and stayed the hell away from them. Yet I am always in awe at people's openness, and tolerance and kindness. It restores my faith in humanity once again.

Anyway for this lunch, I wore my PJs as I affectionately call this matching floral shirt and pant set.





Scarf - Sandaga market
Floral ensemble - Westside
Shoes and bag - M.G. road
Earrings - Mariplex flea market
Necklace - Clover center
Ring - HM



This is the 3rd time I am wearing them. They are quite comfortable, as comfortable as PJs. You know how I feel about comfy clothes. But there is also something about the floral print that is quite romantic. Furthermore, it is a perfect two piece to own because it can be deconstructed later. Today I wore them with wedges but in the future I would love to dress them up more. Watch this blog for that!






Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes