Outfit Planner: Kerela

Hello readers!

   We planned a family trip down to Kerela during Easter break. This is the second time we are planning the trip as the first time we had to cancel due to an emergency at my Hubby's work. I was really hoping that we could make it down there soon (preferably before we leave India for good) because Kerela has been on my travel bucket list since my college years.

As we did not have much time, we decided to stay there for four nights and five days, hoping it will be enough to do a little sight seeing but also relax and recuperate. Since  It was just for a few days, I packed a little:




Tops : grey jersey dress (not pictured, see below), white tunic dress, open cardigan, floral shirt (not pictured, see below)

Bottoms: tie dye jeans

Dresses: printed jumpsuit and pink maxi dress

Accessories : wedges, sandals, basket bag, scarves, sunhat, sunglasses and jewelry

It took me hours to pack for just five days. I had other things on my mind that day so I could not really concentrate on the task at hand. The morning of the trip. I was still packing. I wanted comfy clothes but in very airy fabrics since I have learned that March was one of the hottest month in Kerala.  But somehow I could not find my separates to match the way I intended. At that moment I just envied people who basically thrown on whatever and just get on with their trips. Anyway, the suitcase was finally packed minutes before we left for the airport.


Jersey scarf, jersey tunic, tie dye jeans and wedges or what I wore at the airport and for the 1st day of our trip.

I was happy with all the clothes I packed but somehow I regretted not taking more. For one thing, Kerela is extremely hot and humid. Therefore, after a few minutes walking outside, I was sweating profusely. Needless to say that my clothes were wet. There was no washing machine at the hotel, but I did dry them outside on the balcony. Yet, they still had that lingering sweat odor.


Can you spot me?
White scarf, white tee, open cardigan, jumpsuit and metallic sandals or what I wore day one of our stay in Allepey.

Moreover, it rained one night on our way back to the ferry and we got drenched. To top it all, I forgot to pack essentials such as another bra and leggings for my see-through dress. I had to go buy a new pair of leggings at the store.



Sunhat, white tunic, jumpsuit and metallic sandals or what I wore day two of our time in Allepey.

Nevertheless, I was content. And I learned a few things along the way. The jersey tunic is perfect for travelling. A pair of white jeans (even tie dyed) is definitely not a good idea as it gets dirty rather quickly. And a white cotton tunic (even thrifted at the last minute) will elevate any outfit. But next time, I go somewhere tropical, I am packing only tees and cotton palazzo pants (and maybe a white maxi dress). I am done fussing.


At Kochi airport wearing a floral shirt, pink maxi, newly purchased white leggings and metallic sandals.

Stay tune for more on our Kerelan adventures.



Comments

Most Popular

Korea Krazy

Best place to shop in Japan (Tokyo/ Yokohama)

Barbie shoes